Pinpointer

earthvirgo10

Hello,
I need an inexpensive pin pointer that still gets the job done and does not need to touch the target. any sugegstions?

Last edited:
I had a harbor freight one. You had to be touching the item for it to respond. China is selling a bunch of Cheap pin pointers. Some folks get decent use from them and some will tell you that they are a waste of money.

Why inexpensive? I mean seriously you can't afford a good pinpointer? How much did you spend on a detector? How much is your time worth? My Garrett pinpointer is Awesome. Can't imagine hunting with anything less. Skip eating out for a month. Save up for it. Or buy a used Garrett. They're out there.

My brother bought me this one last year, and it works quite well. :yes: It costs about $25: GP-Pointer.

My sister, brother, and best friend also have one, and they like theirs as well. :yes: It is nicely made, and although it isn't submersible into water, it is weatherproof. :yes:

It looks like the Garrett ProPointer AT, but it is not, and it gets about 2 to 2½" detection depth, which is generally all you need once it is located with your detector.

Hello,
I need an inexpensive pin pointer that still gets the job done and does not need to touch the target. any sugegstions?

Welcome.

It depends on what you can spend on a pinpointer. The TekPoint is ~100 bucks...anything less than that and you're rolling the dice as to whether or not it's going to work properly. Some people have had good luck with the Carrot clones, but I wouldn't bet on it unless there's no way I could drop the 100 bucks....once you have one, you'll end up with more finds and clad adds up.

In the long run the Garrett Carrot or a Whites TRX could end up being cheaper because you will end up buying one when your cheap one quits.
When my wife was gifted a used bounty hunter we tried to share a pinpointer. Turns out our marriage isn't that strong. I tried to use a harbor freight one and went through 2. Both would sound off any time you turned it upside down. The wife now has her own trx that has been used 3 times for less than an hour in the last year and I still think it was worth every penny.
They have us over a barrel with the pin-pointers. There is really no good option other than paying the money.

I used the Whites Bullseye for years... until I purchased my Garrett day and night in distance finding. My guess the only thing the Chinese knock offs have in common...is they are orange. Don't go by the reviews you see, they are paid or compensated in some way for the good review. Notice most are posted all within a few days of one or another.

Not everyone can afford a hundred dollar pinpointer like they can't afford a high priced detector. I had a couple of Harbor Freight pinpinters to start and they both worked alright. One is still working and the other I tore up experimenting with it. I had a Chinese knockoff that I got in a trade that seemed to work alright too. I don't want one with a lot of depth that says your find could be anywhere in the hole. That's what detectors are for. You can reduce the coverage on either by moving it to the side and hitting the pinpont button again.

Not everyone can afford a hundred dollar pinpointer like they can't afford a high priced detector. I had a couple of Harbor Freight pinpinters to start and they both worked alright. One is still working and the other I tore up experimenting with it. I had a Chinese knockoff that I got in a trade that seemed to work alright too. I don't want one with a lot of depth that says your find could be anywhere in the hole. That's what detectors are for. You can reduce the coverage on either by moving it to the side and hitting the pinpont button again.

I'm sorry but by using a pin-pointer that does not give false or miss leading hits, or just making a hole big enough for the tip saves me a lot of time. For the price of two or three HF or Chinese knock off that did not work and I tossed, I purchased one that does.

I'm sorry but by using a pin-pointer that does not give false or miss leading hits, or just making a hole big enough for the tip saves me a lot of time. For the price of two or three HF or Chinese knock off that did not work and I tossed, I purchased one that does.

The ones that I had worked just fine. I bought a garrett pinpointer later when I could afford one. When I started detecting pinpointers hadn't even been invented yet.

The ones that I had worked just fine. I bought a garrett pinpointer later when I could afford one. When I started detecting pinpointers hadn't even been invented yet.

I agree. I started with the HF Centech and it worked adequately for me. My button NEVER broke and the only thing I disliked about it was its' unstable when it's hot out. BUT-It's still better than not having one at all. I still have mine "just in case" something happens to my TRX.

This is a good Chinese store for many things. Free shipping but it takes weeks to deliver. Best of luck. I’m getting one for a backup. I have a Garrett because I bought my first detector used and that was with it. Otherwise I would have gotten one from this site.

US $28 | Pin pointer Probe Pinpoint Metal Detectors with Holster Treasure Hunting Unearthing Tool Accessories Buzzer Vibration Automatic
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/c5J5XjK0

I have the GP II version and it works rather well. But don't get it under water. Supposed to be waterproof but it is not. Waterlogged mine. Took it apart and let it dry out for a month while I was unable to get out finding again. It works just like before.

Don't buy Garrett

If something goes wrong with a Garrett product, you are !!!!-out-of-luck. Their 2 year warranty is a myth. And good luck getting a reply.

If something goes wrong with a Garrett product, you are !!!!-out-of-luck. Their 2 year warranty is a myth. And good luck getting a reply.

That aint true. Garrett has great customer service. I bet your problem has more to do with Garrett not wanting to deal with your countries customs.

Back
Top Bottom