Mercury Dime

Lee1968

Elite Member
I got a call form a lady asking if I could find her lost bracelet "somewhere" in her back yard. I tried for a couple of hours, but no luck. It started to rain, so I was headed to the truck, and right by the driveway, I found this 1945 Mercury Dime only a couple of inches deep. Weird since it is a pretty modern house. It seems to be in pretty good shape, so I thought I would share. I did show the lady the coin, and she said for me to keep it. She also said to come back anytime and see what else is out there. :D

20190519_180449 - Edited.jpg

20190519_175822 - Edited.jpg

Nice job hunting right to the end! You won’t BELIEVE how many Mercs you will find now!:lol: I had a hard time barfing up my first,after that....many many more.
If you’re good at getting permissions at older houses(and maybe more like you just had) you’ll do great. Congrats on a nice one!

Whoa...
She's beautiful!
I'm talkin' 'bout a Yankee Rose!
... and she looks wild...

:cool3:

R5

Beautiful coin - thanks for sharing with us! Congrats on gaining a new permission, too. :clapping:

Nice Merc Lee! SHE sure is pretty! :yes:
I wanted to mention that some bracelets can be hard to find with a detector; might not give a good signal. Did she tell or show you what the bracelet was like?

Nice Merc Lee! SHE sure is pretty! :yes:
I wanted to mention that some bracelets can be hard to find with a detector; might not give a good signal. Did she tell or show you what the bracelet was like?

Not really. She said it was a gold bracelet, but after I got there, she said she lost it a "few years ago while I was carrying branches to the creek." She has a massive back yard, then an uncut pasture area, then the creek. It literally could be anywhere. But I have known her my whole life, and I had to try.

Very nice Merc, cant wait until I get my first, but until then I just dig everything...Maybe on your next hunt there you might still find her bracelet...HH!!! :cool: :cool3:

Back
Top Bottom