Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Show Me Treasure
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Metal Detecting > Research and Getting Permission

Old 01-10-2017, 03:55 PM
Elite Member

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by ISU Boomer View post
Wait, What? $1000 bounty for a luna moth? I had one at my house this past summer. are you paying the bounty Mud?
Thats a cool looking moth,we don't have those here.

Old 01-12-2017, 09:25 AM
Supporter

Originally Posted by ISU Boomer View post
Wait, What? $1000 bounty for a luna moth? I had one at my house this past summer. are you paying the bounty Mud?
What a great Pic Boomer! You Sir, had a rare visitor there!...Consider yourself extremely lucky or blessed to see a Luna Moth in real Life like that one!...You will certainly see $1000 dollars or a Seated Half well before you see another...
Mud

Detecting is the study of Mankinds interaction with topography, the untrustworthiness of pockets, and metals desire to return to the Earth from whence it came.

Old 01-21-2017, 06:53 PM

I have found that most cities I ask about detecting will tell me no because they think that will discourage detecting, even though there are no ordinances against it. Most places have their share of detectorists who leave holes and dug trash, which ruin it for all others. As long as there is no ordinances saying an absolute NO, then go for it but DON'T LEAVE A MESS!

The Good Lord above has led me to 1 1890-cc silver dollar, 1 Barber quarter, 1 mint Standing Liberty quarter, 9 silver washington quarters, 4 Standing Liberty half's, 2 Buffalo nickels, 2 Barber dimes, 63 Mercury dimes, 57 Roosevelt dimes, $360 clad

1 members found this post helpful.