Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Big boys Hobbies
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Metal Detecting > Find a Hunting Buddy

Old 12-08-2016, 09:24 PM

Default Lancaster,Pa

New to the hobby and looking for someone to get together with to show me somethings and just hangout and have a good time

Old 12-09-2016, 07:52 AM
Elite Member

Thumbs up welcome to forum

If ya ever want to hunt NJ shore hit me up. We make the trip few times in winter.

Old 12-09-2016, 08:57 AM

I think there is a metal detecting club around Lancaster. they have a hunt in the Lancaster park every year. Check them out . I will see if I can find you some info. Here is some info I found. Lancaster Research and Recovery Club New Holland PA. phone# 717-393-5175 Hope this helps I am sure you will find someone to detect with if you contact them. I here they are a great group of people.

Last edited by bdu1962; 12-09-2016 at 09:06 AM. Reason: info

Old 12-09-2016, 09:56 PM

welcome! Youre not too far.

Old 12-09-2016, 10:14 PM
Sponsor

Welcome from Kansas. Good Luck and Happy Hunting.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2016 TOTALS 39 SILVERS, 22 INDIANS, 1 "V",12 rings
2017 TOTALS 21 SILVERS, 16 INDIANS, 3 RING, 3 "V"
CTX 3030, XP DEUS, AT Propointer

Old 12-30-2016, 03:36 PM

I am from York started in Aug 2016 I have had great luck as a beginner I do best at coin shooting up to 17 rings one gold and one silver. ending the year @ $105.00 and some change Give a call work number 717 755-7600 between 10AM and 4 PM we can give her hell this spring ask For Don Smith.

Attached a pic from Dec 28th hunt
Attached Images

Old 12-30-2016, 04:02 PM
Elite Member

Welcome and goof hunting from Fl.

Old 12-30-2016, 04:10 PM
Supporter

Happy New Year & Welcome aboard, from North Carolina

Fisher F75, Garrett AT Pro, Pro-Pointer, Whites TRX, Jolly Roger Phones, Lesche Digger, 31" Sampson, 31" Relic Hunter, RTG Scoop
Oldest Coin (1910 Barber Dime), Best Find (CW 3-ringer), Strangest Find (Urn Lid)
Clad Count (1933 coins)/($190.01)

Old 12-30-2016, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by RobertE View post
New to the hobby and looking for someone to get together with to show me somethings and just hangout and have a good time
Hi Robert.

I'm in State College, myself. You're in a pretty good location. It seems like all the really good stuff is on the eastern side of the state.

Old 01-08-2017, 10:31 AM

A bit far from Lancaster, but I did stop there for a day on the way back from another MD trip up near Philly last April. I killed it on the silver and indians in Buchanan Park though, so be sure to check that place out if you haven't already.

Old 01-08-2017, 11:53 AM

Welcome!
I'm also new and a little SouthEast, in Montgomery County... But would love to come out to Lancaster to detect. Will be most of the way there at French Creek State Park midweek.

Old 01-08-2017, 12:34 PM
Elite Member

I'm from Indiana county,but did live in east Berlin for awhile,just outside of York...lots of old fields and places down that way.

Old 08-07-2017, 08:58 PM

Default Lancaster, PA

Welcome! I am new in that I am getting back into it after a 30 year hiatus. If you haven't yet found it check out LRRC.org.
I don't have any sites lined up but feel free to PM me.
Jim

Old 08-08-2017, 06:18 PM
Supporter

Welcome from Montgomery County.

Old 08-15-2017, 11:20 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by TrpnBils View post
A bit far from Lancaster, but I did stop there for a day on the way back from another MD trip up near Philly last April. I killed it on the silver and indians in Buchanan Park though, so be sure to check that place out if you haven't already.
Lucky you didn't get arrested and have your equipment confiscated because it's illegal to detect in Lancaster City Parks which might explain why there is still silver there.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-15-2017, 11:30 PM
Elite Member

The signs all over the park that say NO METAL DETECTING should have made the laws obvious.

Old 08-16-2017, 11:31 AM
Elite Member

....I killed it on the silver and indians in Buchanan Park though.....

Originally Posted by FFX2 View post
Lucky you didn't get arrested and have your equipment confiscated because it's illegal to detect in Lancaster City Parks which might explain why there is still silver there.
FFX2, I'm not saying to "throw caution to the wind", but .... if "arrest" and "confiscated equipment" is ssseeooo imminent, then how do you figure TrpnBil's went un-bothered ? I suppose you would say he's "just lucky", eh ?

We have a few such supposed "dire locations" here in CA too (although admittedly not signed with specific "no md'ing" signs). Yet .... oddly ... you'd be hard-pressed to even find someone to even say "scram".

Old 08-16-2017, 12:39 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by Tom_in_CA View post
FFX2, I'm not saying to "throw caution to the wind", but .... if "arrest" and "confiscated equipment" is ssseeooo imminent, then how do you figure TrpnBil's went un-bothered ? I suppose you would say he's "just lucky", eh ?

We have a few such supposed "dire locations" here in CA too (although admittedly not signed with specific "no md'ing" signs). Yet .... oddly ... you'd be hard-pressed to even find someone to even say "scram".
Tom get lost , I'm not turning this thread into one of your famous and pathetic debates.

Last edited by FFX2; 08-17-2017 at 12:49 AM.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-18-2017, 09:59 PM

Default Lrrc

LRRC
Originally Posted by bdu1962 View post
I think there is a metal detecting club around Lancaster. they have a hunt in the Lancaster park every year. Check them out . I will see if I can find you some info. Here is some info I found. Lancaster Research and Recovery Club New Holland PA. phone# 717-393-5175 Hope this helps I am sure you will find someone to detect with if you contact them. I here they are a great group of people.
This club actually meets every month in Lancaster. Go to LRRC.org for more info. I joined in June.