What is this?

JoeySkylynx

Alright I found the object posted below about seven years ago.... My dad,my uncle,and I were metal detecting near Fort Niagara,NY about a mile or so near to the gorge. We were packing up cause it was beginning to rain real bad and while we were getting ready to pick up our metal detector it picked up a reading a few inches from it... We locked on and began to dig ,and we got this...

Picture18.jpg

Picture14.jpg

Picture12.jpg

The trip when I found this was about seven years ago,too this day my dad and I are still completely clueless to what this might be.

No ideas here. Tough to tell without the photos being clearer but anyway, welcome to the forum!

Auctually I was born in Hamburg,NY.

Also, I believe a few of my pics are a little more clear those were just to law down some basics.... Hold on let me fix the first post guys.

Weird... I was going to take a picture with my other camera ,and the batteries kept draining ,and it refused to take a picture...

Looks like a clock's minute hand to me.

I am certainly no expert but I am pretty sure that on older clocks, the hour hand has a round hole and the minute hand (the longer one) has a square hole. Here is an example:

Attachments

• hands2.jpg
    hands2.jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 433
Back
Top Bottom