1904 Park Hunt

diggin4clad

Elite Member
I began hunting an old park that dates back to 1904. There's acres of ground to cover that aren't shown in the picture so it'll take MANY hunts to cover the ground in this park. Today's finds resembled what you'd find in a modern schoolyard but maybe I'll have better luck next time.

Attachments

• DSCN2264.jpg
    DSCN2264.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 256
  • DSCN2265.jpg
    DSCN2265.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 258
Good potential . Might I suggest looking at the viewer on the historic aerials site . 1904 I would be looking for an old horse track or swimming and picnic area. An old pathway into the park going directly to such a picnic grove or attraction is sometimes more visible by air .
Good luck ... might be some old home sites also.
Keep us posted đź‘Ť Remember horses and people needed water.

,Dew

Good potential . Might I suggest looking at the viewer on the historic aerials site . 1904 I would be looking for an old horse track or swimming and picnic area. An old pathway into the park going directly to such a picnic grove or attraction is sometimes more visible by air .
Good luck ... might be some old home sites also.
Keep us posted đź‘Ť Remember horses and people needed water.

,Dew

I've looked at this site on Historic Aerials but it wasn't a whole lot of help. There's a lot of ground that is off limits too because of monuments and flower gardens so I'll just have to wander around and see if I can eventually find a spot that produces. Also.....the place was full of people today because of the nice weather so hunting later in the year will also open up some areas that I didn't attempt to hunt today. Research of the site made no mention of horse tracks or swimming areas.

finding an elephant means good luck for future hunts. ;)
I hope you're right !

I'm diggin(pun intended) the elephant! That would be a keeper for me.
When I pulled it out of the ground I thought it might be brass but after cleaning it up a bit I can see that it isn't.
It also looks as if it's hand made rather than commercially made.

Back
Top Bottom