Could this be Gold?

cliff490

Forum Supporter
Its stamped either a 3 or a 9 CT. AP (a sideways T) X

IMGP0375.jpg

IMGP0377.jpg

Came out clean and shinny

IMGP0381.jpg

It sure looks clean enough to be gold, and there was something on eBay with the title "Deco Australian Apex Rodd 9ct gold greenstone brooch"!

Congrats!

emdees

P.S. I had never even heard of 9 carat gold!

Wow that is a sweet dig!

Weird because I though "ct" was the abbreviation for "carat," the measure for the weight of stones, as opposed to "kt" for "karat," the measure of fineness of gold. But apparantly "carat" has meant both.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carat_(purity)

That is a really great find! Congrats!

Thanks for the Positive Id's everyone:yes:
This will be the first real gold found with the Explorer SE although I have found gold filled and plated items.

These finds were from two short hunts 1 hour and 1.5 hunt in a pasture I have hunted many times. I had made some changes to the settings from last week and never changed them back. And I think thats why the nickels and gold showed up.
The (V nickel is 1892) - (Jefferson 1942) - (Buffalos 1919 & 1920) (Wheats 1928 & 1942)

I also found another interesting item that needs IDing I will start a new thread for that.

Thanks

Cliff

Well, while it's less than 50% gold, it's not TECHNICALLY gold. It's something else with a little gold mixed in. But it's still a keeper, and nice looking ring!

Carat is a unit of weight for precious stones. 1 carat = 200 mg
Karat is the unit of measurement for the proportion of gold in an alloy; 18-karat gold is 75% gold; 24-karat gold is pure gold.
Although the abbreviation ct or kt is in use.
That is something I learned in my diamond cutting days.

Yep nice 9k gold ring!
I heard a lot of British gold is 9k.
Yours look pretty old!

Back
Top Bottom