8 mm

Raphael

I work in construction and I found this in the wall of a remodel house...Says Buzz Saw Battle...Combat footage ..anyone know about these.. I can see a little of the real ..Sea battle...And I don`t have a projector...

Attachments

• 012.JPG
    012.JPG
    178.2 KB · Views: 339
  • 013.JPG
    013.JPG
    179.9 KB · Views: 337
Take it to a photographers shop...they will transfer it on to DVD for you! Let us know what is on it!!:D

WOW!! Whats the size of that reel, looks like it might be a full length movie-Could be worth some money..

Wow thats a neat find!
I would try to find a projector to see whats on it.

Awesome find..as others said it could be worth some big bucks...maybe long lost WW2 footage. That may well be a historic find.

That could be worth a lot of money. A lot of money, I would take it to several places and have them look at it and see what they say. Then take it to another place. Don't sell it for anything until you are sure that you are getting top dollar. Good luck.

Buzz saw naval battle

Korean war vintage. I thought the 8 mm wasnt around then, so looked under Korea. You have a prize my friend.
Very collectable if its one of a kind, and I bet it ...Gil

Last edited:
read this thumbnail

discription of the battle.

"Battle of the Buzz Saw" -
During the destructive attacks on Reds by UN ships and planes, the enemy suffered heavy losses in the Wonsan area. On several occasions during this period the enemy’s fire had suddenly picked up as the Communists made determined efforts to drive the siege ships out of the harbor. Following a heavy attack by UN on July 6, 1951, the Reds retaliated with an especially heavy bombardment on July 17, 1951. More than 500 splashes were counted in the water around one ship. In return, the UN’s three siege ships pumped out 2,336 rounds of 5-inch fire, in a four one half-hour exchange. This exchange was known as the "Battle of the Buzz Saw."

Well the outside of the cover is crusted with mud , but when I found it in the wall ...there wasn`t any mud..The film itself is kinda brittle ,Black n white..and Gil I think you pegged it..When I real out about 5 feet of film and look with a mag glass, I see A ship and it looks like its under attack...But there is no trailors ...Ya know when you see old war footage and it starts off...with a picture and the flag (title)...none is here.. The guy that owned the house was 89 when he passed.The family already tore holes in the floor and walls ,cause this guy collected German Lugars..none were found.I think I may have this looked at by a pro...anybody know a place that deals in original footage....The dam thing won`t fit in my VCR and it spins right off my DVD player ...JUST KIDDIN...Thank you to everyone.....I will keep a post.

Back
Top Bottom