What are these???

lisfisher

My buddy just found these pin things at an old farmhouse,along with a sleighbell and buckle and a few wheaties. Does anyone know what these pin things are? They look like clothespins but we cannot find one bit of info on old metal clothes pins on the net.

Attachments

• Finds .jpg
    Finds .jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 842
Clothes Pins, Money Clips, Clips for something.

Where in relation to the house did you find them? Out back between a couple of trees? Or ...

yep Cloths Pins

Hollywood Pin-Up. In going after the big buyers, Alcoa was not neglecting little markets. Typical was the "Hollywood Pin-Up," an aluminum clothespin. Its inventors were two neighbors in Van Nuys, Calif., who got tired of hearing their wives grumble about ersatz clothespins. Alcoa helped them perfect the pin, licensed them to use its color process, "Alumilite," at a nominal royalty. Del E. Webb, contractor and co-owner of the New York Yankees, financed them. Last week, the Del E. Webb Products Co. was busy shipping out 80,000 pins a day, expects to use 2,500,000 pounds of aluminum a year.

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,778586,00.html

I found one early this year and thought it was a money clip until I cleaned it up

IMGP0349.jpg

IMGP0348.jpg

They remind me of an older version of clips (that you can string up) that you'd hang home-developed pictures from after they come out of the chemicals... or maybe page-holders.
That's one beautiful crotal bell, LisFisher!

Back
Top Bottom