Finally Getting to Fall I Wanted!

z118

Forum Supporter
It rained rather steadily all day yesterday. After dinner it stopped for a bit and my wife let me out for a some detecting time. I headed to a local school where I got in just under a two hour hunt.

It was perfect! It had rained enough that the first four inches of earth were wet, which made for much easier digging. It was cool and still raining lightly on and off, so there was no one else to be seen. In a large field I pulled several quarters as well as a two Kroner coin. I really like finding foreign coins; and it cracks me up how many you can find in school yards. See the pic below... the 20 centimo coin I found at a school on Saturday.

The tot lot, which had not given up a single coin in several trips over the summer, was quite productive even after just one week of school. I even found a George Washington dollar. I left with 47 coins worth $5.65, not counting the 2 Kroner which I guess is worth about 36 cents.

Now that the fall weather I've been wanting for so long finally seems to be arriving, I am REALLY excited to get out an detect!

Happy Hunting!

Attachments

• Foreign 9-9a.jpg
    Foreign 9-9a.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 173
  • Foreign 9-9b.jpg
    Foreign 9-9b.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 179
Nice set of coins Z! The fall is by far my favorite time of year. Nice temps, beautiful fall colors, no bugs, and I can finally hit some of the wooded areas without being eaten alive.

Nice digs Z. I love it also when the Fall arrives, it is that way pretty much till next July for us. steve in so az

Back
Top Bottom