Cool Token 50 yrs old

frankiefry

Forum Supporter
Finally, after days and days of HOT dry weather, we got a break and it rained some and the temp. came down about 20 degrees! That means time to dig again. : ) I didn't find a whole lot of anything but pulltabs, but this token showed up and it's the best target I had all today. It's for a Swedish Days Festival in Geneva, IL and must be used before June 30, 1961. That makes it almost exactly 50 years old. It was about 4-5 inches deep and sounded like a penny. It has more weight than if it was aluminium, but I'm not sure exactly what metal it is. HMMM. The half dollar is just for size reference., although I'd sure like to dig one of them up! I hope this nicer weather lasts through the weekend so I can get serious again. Now that school will be out I have some visits planned. Good Luck to us all on future hunts. :)

Attachments

• 100_1146.jpg
    100_1146.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 255
  • 100_1142.JPG
    100_1142.JPG
    154.2 KB · Views: 257
Neat find!
I bet that if you went down to Kane county in two weeks for the 175th anniversary, someone there would give you double face value for it. :lol:

Nice find. June 30 is my Birthday. But I was born in 59 so I was a toddler when your token was made. Very cool find Frankie. Congrats and thanks for the pic.

Nice token, they are always interesting to find, and usually provide just a little but of history. Thanks for posting.

ColoKid

That is so cool

I love finding anything with a date on it..first coins, then anything else. You did well and congradulations.

Back
Top Bottom