My thoughts on the Equinox 800 after 50 hours...

With all the positive reviews coming in on the Nox I think it's interesting that it hasn't completely dethroned the impact and deus for separation in thick iron,,..even with its apparent speed. A bit of a testimate to those 2 machines in my view.

The nox and deus are pretty much sound machines from my experience.Absolutley no question when you hit a higher conductive coin that it’s a coin audio wise.As to what coin it is,that’s where it ended for me.From the videos I have seen of the impact,It has a solid ID,and the expanded 100 point visual ID probably makes it more precise than the equinox,that has a very short ID scale.
Deus has a broad ID range,and Somtimes it would ID correctly on deeper targets,Somtimes not.I mostly just went by sound on it,and preferred the lite version and ditched the remote.
I have a Impact in route and will see how it does in the garden at the end of the week.Not much for above ground tests,but I have a old in ground test garden with 6,8 and 10 inch coins.If the impact has good ID I can’t see it getting dethroned,not with the coil selection,customization and customer service....All three are good machines tho.

I would say the biggest downfall for the nox is ID range. BUT I believe minelab made it that way for a big reason.. their next flagship model WILL have a better ID scale and may be set up like the etrac. Imagine a faster ,lighter, deeper, waterproof etrac for $1999.99 then eliminate the ctx3030 have your two mid range that cripples most competition, and have say 2 high end with options being slightly different. Win win for minelab. I personally loved the Xterra series. So the nox is right up my alley. I loved and hated the etrac, heavy and hard to see screen bad in heavy iron.. I believe that is all gonna change.. and to top it off the nox is doing really well with the 11" coil. Once the 6" comes out and some aftermarket coils we then will see what it can do.. I do love my Deus with it's HF coil ..

The biggest issue I have with the nox 800 is my wife won't let me use it.

Every since she got the nox 800, I have been reduced to the digger. So far, the nox 800 has been a pain in my butt...and my legs...and my knees. My new CTX just sits in the truck while I follow her around digging up the coins she finds. And I will add, she is quite good with it.

The only way I figured I could get to use the nox 800 is to order me one. So I did. :D

I can't wait until my 800 arrives! Upon watching all the comparison vids between the Impact and the 800, it seems the Impact has rocked the 800 in side by side finds. I experienced this first hand this past weekend with my bud swinging an 800 and his son a 600. I got the goods they didn't see and couldn't see. I brought home silver in a iron infested site like no other! Folks outside New England have ZERO clue what iron infested means, PERIOD! This is the place the USA started and the oldest places were rebuilt for 300 years....

Uh huh.
You might want to travel a little bit and gather some more information before you make statements like that.
Go to minute 1:40 in this vid and see what we deal with all over most areas I hunt.

The bulk of the signals I get in this vid are iron, the high numbers you see are mostly high tone falsing from bigger iron.
This site was pretty tame, I have hunted some way worse than this.
Our dirt has all the minerals needed to make iron and steel so coal was the first major industry here but in the 1800's the steel and iron industry became huge and continued on for over 100 years.
Junk and slag got mixed into the fill dirt that was used to build this city and was spread all over in most neighborhoods as they were built and most commercial properties too.
On top of that most public sites like parks were built on the remains of some very old neighborhoods that were knocked down to make these parks.
That vid was taken at a site like that.
Not to mention the red clay we have everywhere...it is red because of the naturally occurring iron existing in the ground and it can get bad enough in some areas to affect way more than just the depth we can reach.
I need to come up to where you hunt, it would be a nice vacation for me.

what is the trick to not detect crown/bottle caps using the Equinox 600

This detector loves crown tops/caps driving me nuts.

The biggest issue I have with the nox 800 is my wife won't let me use it.

Every since she got the nox 800, I have been reduced to the digger. So far, the nox 800 has been a pain in my butt...and my legs...and my knees. My new CTX just sits in the truck while I follow her around digging up the coins she finds. And I will add, she is quite good with it.

The only way I figured I could get to use the nox 800 is to order me one. So I did. :D

:rofl: You might have to change over to fishing. At least you'll be able to sit in the boat and just bait hooks and take off fish. No kneeling and digging. :lol::lol2:

I can't wait until my 800 arrives! Upon watching all the comparison vids between the Impact and the 800, it seems the Impact has rocked the 800 in side by side finds. I experienced this first hand this past weekend with my bud swinging an 800 and his son a 600. I got the goods they didn't see and couldn't see. I brought home silver in a iron infested site like no other! Folks outside New England have ZERO clue what iron infested means, PERIOD! This is the place the USA started and the oldest places were rebuilt for 300 years....

Sounds like you need a history lesson.
Look at this data.
Looks to be areas settled in USA ahead of your mighty New England area.
So I reckon a person living in St Augustine could tell you you know nothing as it realtes to heavy iron then right??
Nice try, no cigar though.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_North_American_settlements_by_year_of_foundation

Ahhh we’re comparing trashy dirt now! Sounds exciting lol
Jim- “my dirt is trashier than yours”
Joe- “you have no clue what trashy is! Check out my dirt!”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For the money I spent the 600 is a nice detector. Bottle caps and a narrow target ID range are the two things that seem to come up often in discussion. Both true.

Uh huh.
You might want to travel a little bit and gather some more information before you make statements like that.
Go to minute 1:40 in this vid and see what we deal with all over most areas I hunt.

The bulk of the signals I get in this vid are iron, the high numbers you see are mostly high tone falsing from bigger iron.
This site was pretty tame, I have hunted some way worse than this.
Our dirt has all the minerals needed to make iron and steel so coal was the first major industry here but in the 1800's the steel and iron industry became huge and continued on for over 100 years.
Junk and slag got mixed into the fill dirt that was used to build this city and was spread all over in most neighborhoods as they were built and most commercial properties too.
On top of that most public sites like parks were built on the remains of some very old neighborhoods that were knocked down to make these parks.
That vid was taken at a site like that.
Not to mention the red clay we have everywhere...it is red because of the naturally occurring iron existing in the ground and it can get bad enough in some areas to affect way more than just the depth we can reach.
I need to come up to where you hunt, it would be a nice vacation for me.

Connecticut, NYS and Massachusetts are where ALL the Colonial Iron was mined. The Chain that spanned the Hudson River was made in CT and NY. Since Iron was common here, even tableware was Iron! Your Iron came from here. Ct manufactured all the cannons, guns and bayonets for the Union troops during the Civil War. Read history!

Sounds like you need a history lesson.
Look at this data.
Looks to be areas settled in USA ahead of your mighty New England area.
So I reckon a person living in St Augustine could tell you you know nothing as it realtes to heavy iron then right??
Nice try, no cigar though.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_North_American_settlements_by_year_of_foundation

There is NO Iron to be found in ST Augustine FL! For mining that is. Connecticut, NYS and Massachusetts are where ALL the Colonial Iron was mined. The Chain that spanned the Hudson River was made in CT and NY. Since Iron was common here, even tableware was Iron! Your Iron came from here. Ct manufactured all the cannons, guns and bayonets for the Union troops during the Civil War. Read history!

Connecticut, NYS and Massachusetts are where ALL the Colonial Iron was mined. The Chain that spanned the Hudson River was made in CT and NY. Since Iron was common here, even tableware was Iron! Your Iron came from here. Ct manufactured all the cannons, guns and bayonets for the Union troops during the Civil War. Read history!

Seriously????

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

What color is the sky in your world...really.

There is NO Iron to be found in ST Augustine FL! For mining that is. Connecticut, NYS and Massachusetts are where ALL the Colonial Iron was mined. The Chain that spanned the Hudson River was made in CT and NY. Since Iron was common here, even tableware was Iron! Your Iron came from here. Ct manufactured all the cannons, guns and bayonets for the Union troops during the Civil War. Read history!

This link here doesn’t even mention Massachusetts or Ct.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_mining_in_the_United_States

Back
Top Bottom