• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Returned white gold and star sapphire ring

metalwrkr

Got a call from a Gentleman in the town of Steilacoom ,a mile or so away, who sounded obviously distressed. Seems he had been putting up Christmas lights in some trees in his yard in an area with a heavy ivy groundcover. He had been wearing a massive
white gold and star sapphire ring and at the end of his job it was missing. We had met this summer at a garage sale I had and he knew that I metal detected. He asked if I would try to find it so I went down and a half hour later found it. The job was complicated by the fact that the ivy had covered a bunch of old hoses with copper fittings and that he had been frantically pulling and raking the ivy. The ring was in a very wet area and had been stomped into the soft soil. He offered a reward but I did not take it. On the way home I went by my Mother in Law's house where my Wif was doing some yard work. When I got there, she had lost one of her favorite earrings while raking leaves. Out came the AT Pro again and I found her earring a short time later. I told her about finding the ring in Steilacoom and asked her if there was a moral to be learned from his and her situations. She said "Don't wear jewelry while doing yard work". I said that was close. The moral I got was "Don't do yard work"!................RK

Attachments

• 19598 (800x534).jpg
    19598 (800x534).jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 620
Thanks for the comments. Haven't been getting out much Chris. My hunting partner seems to be otherwise occupied all the time! As for the Wiff, She's usually pretty easy to keep happy. Why just last week I bought her a new Stihl Leaf Blower and she was thrilled!................RK

Back
Top Bottom