Lockdown update: England.

Doug

Elite Member
Good evening.

I have not deserted Friendly with no posting of finds for the last few weeks.

Currently I'm half way through a 4 week lockdown with various restrictions placed on me but more importantly I'm in the high risk category which means I'm very limited (advised) to what I can and can't do.

It is to this end I have not been out into the local fields searching for hidden treasures of late!

I'm hoping the medical advisors to the government will advise that some of the restrictions can be lifted in 2 weeks time.

Mrs Doug and I have made a lot of personal sacrifices since the start of the pandemic so much so we have still not seen the newest member of our family born earlier this year.

The finds will be still in the ground after all these years so a few more weeks will not hurt.

Stay safe......Doug.

Bummer about the further lock down, I have heard it was very strict. A friends parents are in Ireland are going nuts with it. Something about limiting how far you can travel from home, 5 km allowed but they live 10 km from town. Is that right, are they limiting travel distances?

Sorry to hear that. Many of my family locally have been ill including my elderly mother in law recovering from cancer and has Lupus. They have all had sore throats, cough and sniffles and recovered quickly. My state of Michigan is back under lockdown again. Personally, I feel I have to get outside as there’s a greater risk of sickness being kept inside.

Sorry to hear that Doug

I guess that puts a kibosh on your annual to Florida..
My daughter and SIL in the past have traveled to England to visit his parents, and visa versa.
Now a flight direct from Newark to London has opened, but maybe not such a good idea. Lock downs stink but you can not know what restrictions may befall you once you have committed....stay safe Gil

Thanks for keeping us in the loop Doug!

Sorry for you and Mrs Doug not seeing the newest member of the family!

"This too shall pass" as an old saying goes. We all just need to keep doing what the doctors and scientists say is needed to beat this thing!

Sorry about that Doug. We had planned on going to our son's house for Thanksgiving, and then bringing back our gradkids to spend a few days with us. After the spike in cases here in California, specially in LA country (where they live) and Riverside county (where we live), we jointly decided to cancel our plans. :(

Rudy, I think quite a few people have decided not to travel these holidays, smart move. I think even less are moving about internationally, a US passport doesn't gets you in many countries these days...

Now go and attack those invading Romans!! :cool3:

Just hoping the Roman fields are still open and not under crops, will be having driving around on Wednesday to see what is available, naturally I will have my machine with me....;)

Back
Top Bottom