!**FIRST BARBER**!! *VIDEO* Finally! Wooo hoo!!!! Met my other goal too!

Bonesquat

Elite Member
:excited::excited::woot:

I'm on cloud 43879824 right now. I got out today expecting to find a couple more old wheats from the sidewalk strip I was at yesterday. I got some more oldies today including a 1914 wheatie. Oh I met my goal of 200 wheaties. Surpassed that mark today, sitting at 202. :D

I was getting ready to head back towards the car and thought I'd change my tactics. Instead of going low and slow I decided to swing wildly and fast in TTF and listen to any high tone and then go back over that area. This technique has netted me several silvers in the past.

I got a horrible one way 11-42, 01-36, 01-37, 01-41. Weird numbers, then of course it'd give that low thump like there's iron in there. So I dig a big old plug and about 7 inches down I pull out a nail. Put that in my pouch. Now I'm getting a more solid 12-43, 12-42, 12-41. More in the coin range. I'm thinking, "Cool let's dig another wheat and call it a day". I stuck my sunray in the hole expecting a 12-43 or 42 for a wheat but I got a 12-44 instead! Immediately my mind started churning, "Oh possibly a silver dime. At 7 inches there's no way a 12-44 would be anything else". I do a little more prying out the side of the hole and this shiny disc pops out!!! Woo hoo! I'm thinking another merc perhaps at that depth. NOPE. A friggin 1904 barber! You can hear the excitement in the video better. I'm just so thrilled right now. Here's a video of the hunt and the results.

I came to Indiana wanting to find my 200th wheat and 50th silver coin. Surpassed both of those, 52 silvers, 202 wheats. :) Couldn't be happier now.

Thanks for looking and HH everyone.

Attachments

• CAM_0172 (Custom).jpg
    CAM_0172 (Custom).jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 519
  • CAM_0171 (Custom).jpg
    CAM_0171 (Custom).jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 512
  • CAM_0156 (Custom).jpg
    CAM_0156 (Custom).jpg
    121 KB · Views: 484
  • CAM_0160 (Custom).jpg
    CAM_0160 (Custom).jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 477
  • CAM_0166 (Custom).jpg
    CAM_0166 (Custom).jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 493
  • CAM_0173 (Custom).jpg
    CAM_0173 (Custom).jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 492
  • CAM_0174 (Custom).jpg
    CAM_0174 (Custom).jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 496
  • CAM_0167 (Custom).jpg
    CAM_0167 (Custom).jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 498
Sweet! What's with all the shot gun shells in those hoods?

I don't get it. I come across them in sidewalk strips of all places. Found 3 or 4 in the past few days. You find lots too? Turtlefeets needs to start looking in town and he'll find loads of them.

"wildly and fast in TTF" man I'd love to see that:lol::lol:

Very nice Barber and you have had a great year.. Congratulations on reaching your goals.. Alot of time left for more..

Awesome coins, congrats, my oldest coins are 2 wheats(but someday I'll find silver,I hope)....Curt:grin:

TTF Rules

WTG on the Milestones and Barber. My dream coin is a Reale . The TTF feature is a big plus on the Etrac. Found my 1st silver the other day in that mode. Keep it up Bones.

CONGRAGULATIONS BONESQUAT!!!!!

Congrats on the Barber! Congrats on the silver goal! Congrats on the wheatie goal! Congrats on the great headstamp! ;)

Sounds like you are having a great trip! Keep it up!

Doug

Congrats!! I am jealous!! I still haven't found my Barber Dime yet.

I have found a 1909 Barber Quarter, but I still am on the search for a Barber Dime. Funny thing is I have dug a seated dime but never a Barber

you dog you!!! finally got a barber...congrats! i'm envious you .. you..you..:D :lol

congrats on the other goals met and surpassed...ya did good! maybe you should move up there and get outta bama eh? :lol:

edit!!! omg you gouged it lol. i didnt see that till after i had posted to you. ahh well...its still a great first huh :lol:

I don't get it. I come across them in sidewalk strips of all places. Found 3 or 4 in the past few days. You find lots too? Turtlefeets needs to start looking in town and he'll find loads of them.

I find bullet shells on sidewalk strips, and old shotgun shells in the old parks.

Back
Top Bottom