#*200* Is a Barber Dime, I Made It Then Past It

jack&jill

Elite Member
I would not have thought that I would be metal detecting in Wisconsin on December 20th. But weather held out and allowed me to hit what I would have thought a unreachable goal. I made it to 200 Silver coins with a trip to "Suds City" (Milwaukee) to hunt one of the very old parks that are in the city. As recommended by fellow forum members to get into the trees as the ground does not freeze as readily. I started the hunt needing two Silvers to reach this plateau Well I added four. Taking the count to 202.

#199 was "57" Rosie, reaching 200 with a "04" Barber Dime. About 10 minutes later on the other side of the same tree I pulled a 1914 Barber Quarter for #201. It took 4 years plus to get my first Barber Quarter and only 7 days to get my second. Go figure. The final Silver #202 is a "43 " Washington Quarter which I dug just before leaving the woods. Also managed 6 more Wheat's and added $1.57 to the clad coffers

As I write this post I'm reflecting back on this whole year and how unbelievable it has been. I want to thank everybody for the advise and support that was given me in this adventure. I do not know if I'll ever reach this level again. But I do know that the methods and means will be used in the future.

As always hope all had good and safe hunts. Thanks for looking and commenting. Jack

Attachments

• 12-20-14.jpg
    12-20-14.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 369
  • 12-20-14 1.jpg
    12-20-14 1.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 365
  • 12-20-14 2.jpg
    12-20-14 2.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 362
  • 12-20-14 3.jpg
    12-20-14 3.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 358
  • 12-20-14 4.jpg
    12-20-14 4.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 362
big congrats Jack!! i am tickled to death for ya! glad to see you meet and then pass the goal that seemed impossible . a combination of good spots, smart hunting and good equpiment got you there. and of course the weather holding out on you made all the difference. wow, what a standard to shoot for next year huh? lol.

Congrats on 200 plus some!!!!!! It's been a great year for you my friend!!!!
Thank you Whisperer. Your comments are greatly appreciated.
Way to go Jack!
We all knew you could do it.
What an incredible year:D
Incredible is right Matt. Not in my wildest dreams.
Awesome and amazing, big time congrats! Beautiful coins!
The Rosie really looks nice all cleaned up Sweeper, the others are worn a bit but still stand out in my eyes.
big congrats Jack!! i am tickled to death for ya! glad to see you meet and then pass the goal that seemed impossible . a combination of good spots, smart hunting and good equpiment got you there. and of course the weather holding out on you made all the difference. wow, what a standard to shoot for next year huh? lol.
Hook you have been my staunchest supporter and I thank you for it. It has been a great ride and sometimes I think you were at my side pushing me on. Jack

Congrats on breaking that 200 mark in silver coins and also your very nice clad count! : ) With the late start you got, it didn't seem to slow you down any, once the ground was diggable. You have had one heck of a good year, my friend. Happy Holidays and good luck in 2015!

Congratulations Jack on digging 200 silvers this year, getting a Barber Dime for #200, and finding your 2nd Barber Quarter...excellent hunt and outstanding season!

Awesome finds, Congrats!
Appreciate your reply Sarge.
Congrats on breaking that 200 mark in silver coins and also your very nice clad count! : ) With the late start you got, it didn't seem to slow you down any, once the ground was diggable. You have had one heck of a good year, my friend. Happy Holidays and good luck in 2015!
Thanks so much Frankie for the very kind words.
Congratulations Jack on digging 200 silvers this year, getting a Barber Dime for #200, and finding your 2nd Barber Quarter...excellent hunt and outstanding season!
It has been a dream Bruce, Really want to say thank you for all the encouragement and support.
Beautiful finds. Way to reach and pass your goal.
Thank you Seven for your comments. Jack

Jack, what a memorable hunt for a memorable year. Congrats on the barber for your 200th, it's been fun see all your posts.
Thank you Jason, want you to know how i appreciated your support.
Congrats for sure!!
Thank you Pawn.
Congrats on hitting a huge milestone.
Jim it has been a long year. I really enjoy our hunts, hope we get in a lot more hunts next year.
Wow great job!!!
Thank you Bandit, will be watching you get the three you need for your goal. Jack

Back
Top Bottom