• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Found a dump site

Volksman

I was detecting this property where there are a couple old foundations and found this dump. I dug through it some but didn’t find anything too old.
I didn’t dig real deep because in the area that I dug there wasn’t anything a foot down.
I found 2 license plates, a ‘51, and a ’59, a toy tractor body, and a big smashed up excavator. No good bottles.
970E5E8E-41AA-4A13-A8EA-24253A077C8F.jpg

ABEA06D9-E092-4C0D-AF67-A2209BE4DD65.jpg

F56FECB4-DD83-4D9F-97A5-B9D9CAD1BB9F.jpg

There was also this big Chandler pump from Cedar Rapids. I didn’t think to look at what was on the handle but there was a 21 on the body. The base is broken and part of the base is missing.
62710488-7A9D-4DC8-AB57-91E7B637B387.jpg

I find a lot of those 50s and later dumps. If you have a probe you might poke around there for some older dumps.

Hey that pump would still make a nice display piece in the yard, broken base or not. You just don't find many out in the wild anymore. I saw one once at an old farm site and returned a week later to get it and someone else had found it and sawed it off clean and skadaddled with it.

GL&HH.

Last edited:
The pump is way cool. We found one just like it at a hidden hilltop one-room schoolhouse site back during a thaw last January in Mich. Laying horizontal. Really heavy too.

I find a lot of those 50s and later dumps. If you have a probe you might poke around there for some older dumps.

Hey that pump would still make a nice display piece in the yard, broken base or not. You just don't find many out in the wild anymore. I saw one once at an old farm site and returned a week later to get it and someone else had found it and sawed it off clean and skadaddled with it.

GL&HH.

The older foundation is further back on the property so maybe the dump is behind it. I’ll check when I go back.

Back
Top Bottom