Butter

DaviDs

Forum Supporter
12 hrs of combined water and towel line hunting yielded less than a buck in change. But what do I find in a parking lot? 10k of buttery goodness. Lol, irony at its finest.

Well folks, always keep your eyes peeled. Currently in process of doing my due diligence to track down the owner. If no luck, I'll add this to the hot rod fund.

Cheers! -David
b4a8ba77e0566a56459863d78316e7e9.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

.... But what do I find in a parking lot? 10k of buttery goodness. ....

Ha! What irony.

And if it was in the parking lot, then it's a recent loss. You might run a "found" ad on CL (telling prospects to describe it). And/or seeing if someone posted a "lost" ad there.

Hopefully you can chime back in with a great repatriation reunion story. Good luck !

Congrats on the ring. Considering he graduated college 57 years ago a return might be a little hard. Any idea if the stone is real?

Congrats on the ring. Considering he graduated college 57 years ago a return might be a little hard. Any idea if the stone is real?
I used an Illuminated 30x scope and saw tons of tiny inclusions that look like bubbles. Seems it is most likely glass, but I'll still get it checked out by the professionals.

Going to be a tough one to return. Many folks in that generation aren't online. I checked with folks in the area and no one said they lost anything....even an older gent that probably met the age requirements.

Ha! What irony.

And if it was in the parking lot, then it's a recent loss. You might run a "found" ad on CL (telling prospects to describe it). And/or seeing if someone posted a "lost" ad there.

Hopefully you can chime back in with a great repatriation reunion story. Good luck !
Will do. I'll keep up posted

Congrats on the big gold! I've often thought that us treasure hunters have a sharpened awareness for finding things with our eyes. So many times have i found things on the ground that other people are walking over. :yes:

Congrats on the big gold! I've often thought that us treasure hunters have a sharpened awareness for finding things with our eyes. So many times have i found things on the ground that other people are walking over. :yes:

The hunt for treasure never ends ! I've been scanning the ground since I was a kid. I see no reason to stop now.

So schools have class reunions... posted on line and who knows there may also be a school roster of graduates for that year. Sometimes we just have that blind squirrel luck. I was in a Save-a-lot one day and picked up a hand cart. Walked around the store a bit..... went to place my first item in the cart..... and what do i see a nice heavy designer ring in the bottom. I tried my best to NOT do the happy dance.

Outstanding find and perfect post highlighting the super sharp awareness that develops once a fellow starts detecting...that nice ring is evidence of the saying,

"GOLD IS FOUND WHERE YOU FIND IT!" :clapping::pirate:
Nice trophy there David!

Congrats on the nice class ring find. If someone that age, four years older than me, is still wearing their class ring they're undoubtedly sick over losing it. If he's local than maybe something as simple as a notice on the bulletin boards of the local grocery stores may find your man.

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk

:dingding: That's more like a block of cheese than butter! Good luck getting t back to the owner. You'll get another dinger for that one.

If he's local than maybe something as simple as a notice on the bulletin boards of the local grocery stores may find your man.
That’s a good idea!

:dingding: That's more like a block of cheese than butter! Good luck getting t back to the owner. You'll get another dinger for that one.
Ha ha ah, yeah, it’s actually quite heavy. I weigh it but our scale is still packed in storage. Well, in about one more month the construction should be finished on our home and we can finally settle in.

Wow a ‘63 in the parking lot. Wahooo! Congrats!
The 60's were good to you Dave :cool3: congrats man!

*****1963*****

Gas was $0.29 per gallon
Avg annual income was $5,807
Avg new car was $3,233
Beatles released “I want to Hold Your Hand”
MLK delivered his “I have a dream” speech
President Kennedy was assassinated

Just a few of the notable facts to ponder about that year. Gosh, a lot sure has happened since that ring was issued.

Attachments

• 63 1.jpg
    63 1.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 488
  • 63 2.jpg
    63 2.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 544
  • 63 3.jpg
    63 3.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 510
  • 63 4.jpg
    63 4.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 504
Awesome ring and I really liked your pictures from the time period .Coins from certain years make me think of the events that took place when they were minted .That also was the year I graduated from High School . Congratulations on a great find .

12 hrs of combined water and towel line hunting yielded less than a buck in change. But what do I find in a parking lot? 10k of buttery goodness. Lol, irony at its finest.

Well folks, always keep your eyes peeled. Currently in process of doing my due diligence to track down the owner. If no luck, I'll add this to the hot rod fund.

Cheers! -David
b4a8ba77e0566a56459863d78316e7e9.jpg

All I saw after getting past that massive hunk of gold was, I'll add this to the hot rod fund. My kind of guy. Nice find!!!

SWEEEET!! I always look in the parking lot, no luck finding one there yet but someday ......

Back
Top Bottom