Confirming with the experts - fired bullet

KenG

Maybe dumb question but wanted to confirm with the knowledgeable folks here what I found. Looks like a fired bullet to me but I'm wanting to find something at this site so bad I may be letting my mind play tricks on me

The drop in the picture is only there for a size comparison.

Thanks in advance,
Ken

1st Found in Field.jpg

Have tons of similar. Fired for sure! Looks like a few dimples from an animal chew too.

Went back this afternoon with high expectations. Spent a couple of hours digging nails, wire and can slaw. Did find 1/2 horseshoe. I think I need to find where it was fired from, not where it ended up.

Thanks,
Ken

Definitely looks like a fired 3 ringer IMO. It almost looks like there is another bullet fragment or something else made of lead stuck to it from looking at the picture.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Cow bites

Have tons of similar. Fired for sure! Looks like a few dimples from an animal chew too.
That's what it looks like to me, animal chews. We use to find them and think they were used to bite down on when being operated on in a field hospitol. :lol:

That's what it looks like to me, animal chews. We use to find them and think they were used to bite down on when being operated on in a field hospitol. :lol:

Ok....I like the idea that thee teeth marks were made by a wounded soldier being told to “bite the bullet” while having surgery without anesthesia. But, being “friendly” and skirting a argument, can we agree the marks were made by a animal “biting the bullet” while having surgery without anesthesia?

AT Pro, Garret AT Pro Pointer, Bounty Hunter Outback, Fiskars diggers

Since it was found in a cow pasture, the animal chew is more plausible but I like the soldier story better. No anesthesia adds some good color to either story.

Cheers,
Ken

I read later on, after the excitement of thinking it was a bite the bullet, You know how your mind works when your young. What they really used in the field or main hospitols was a thick leater strap to bite down on. Now , sometimes in a field hospitol a round stick would work in a pinch. The soldier was sedated a little ,but could still see what was going on.

Back
Top Bottom