Vanquish on wet sand.

Hes not really hunting in the wet sand... Hes hunting in damp sand on the towel line. If he moved down to the wet sand slope or in shallow salt water and it stays quiet then I would be impressed...

Slimpickuns said:
Hes not really hunting in the wet sand... Hes hunting in damp sand on the towel line. If he moved down to the wet sand slope or in shallow salt water and it stays quiet then I would be impressed...
That's exactly what I noticed right from the get-go. Dry or maybe damp sand, but I sure didn't see a lot of water or the dig holes filling up, either.

However, it did sound pretty good. I was hampered by snow the other day but roads are better and I hope to go test a Vanquish 540 on Thursday or Friday. I have a couple of test samples I can take into the dealership but I'm not sure if I can get a salt-water sample in to check out that behavior. I'll try.

It did lok like a fairly decent unit and performance in that video, however, and I might just consider one. I saw a 540 Pro Pack get used and it came with Minelab wireless headphones. If that's how a dealer is selling them, I just might spring for a Christmas preset to myself.:)

I'd need a decent set of wireless headphones because the â…›" mini-plug is NOT my favorite, nor the awkward location they placed it on the Vanquish.

Monte

I'm not a big beach hunter, but if i was I'd be pi55ed!
A cheap machine with very stable performance on wet sand, heck every man and his dog will be on the beach digging.

https://youtu.be/1LzscS22Reo

They already are. Fortunately for me the vast majority of them (tourists) do not have machines that are very capable on wet salt water sand.

The most I saw at one time was 8 coil swingers. that was only the ones that I could see well enough to know what they were doing.

Back
Top Bottom