Finally found one

woodbutcher

Forum Supporter
Been seeing these dog tax tags for a long time being posted and always hoped to get one..yesterday I got one,from my town ,Indiana Pennsylvania 1910 dog tax token..need cleaned better tho..also found a war nickel.. I got another good hit and kept digging and digging and couldn’t find it..I knew for a fact I had a strong quarter signal and just couldn’t figure out why it wasn’t in the hole or the dirt pile..gave up on it,stood up and bent down to grab my shovel,there it was stuck to the shovel..

Attachments

• A82F61C7-8F51-49DD-9C2F-F175E5F2C094.jpg
    A82F61C7-8F51-49DD-9C2F-F175E5F2C094.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 773
  • 407F861E-077C-4E3D-9F76-CE8E311FC4A1.jpg
    407F861E-077C-4E3D-9F76-CE8E311FC4A1.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 727
  • 07D13EDF-D1AF-43AD-861F-0DCF5589990C.jpg
    07D13EDF-D1AF-43AD-861F-0DCF5589990C.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 715
  • CD595AC2-3CD5-4FA2-8AEE-282E494BA872.jpg
    CD595AC2-3CD5-4FA2-8AEE-282E494BA872.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 726
Nice. Early dog tags(pre WWW II) are my favorite 20th century relics to find. Found lots of newer ones but the earlier ones are not common

Love it! I really want to find a dog tax tag as well. Congrats! We just had the stick to the shovel target asked about recently. Pretty funny! I have yet to experience this, but kind look forward to it :D

Congrats on the nice finds and finally finding an old dog tax tag! I also found a 1910 tag that looks like yours but says Westmoreland county instead...it's really toasted though. Your tag is in awesome shape!

Some very nice digging Pete. Congrats on the war Nickel and the old Dog Tax Tag. I have had that experience of my target being stuck to the shovel a few times over the years. Trapper

Cool finds! Like the old dog tax tag.

I had coins stick to the digger several times. Im just glad others werent around to see me scour the grass looking for the coin when it was stuck to the tip of my digger.

Nice. Early dog tags(pre WWW II) are my favorite 20th century relics to find. Found lots of newer ones but the earlier ones are not common
Thanks for the info Toasted

Nice finds! Local dog tax tags like that are really cool, a bit of nearby history!
Thanks lovestheshiny
That’s pretty neat. I’ve never seen something like that!
Yea,I thought it was a small badge at first.
Cool finds! Like the old dog tax tag.

I had coins stick to the digger several times. Im just glad others werent around to see me scour the grass looking for the coin when it was stuck to the tip of my digger.
Thanks Tommy jay
Great job on that old dog license!
Take a look at ISALC on facebook:D
Thanks matmit,I’ll look them up

Some very nice digging Pete. Congrats on the war Nickel and the old Dog Tax Tag. I have had that experience of my target being stuck to the shovel a few times over the years. Trapper
Thanks trapper,I’ve had a few times this happened with not finding the coin and moving in,,I’m wondering now if I lost the coin in the field ,came loose from the shovel.

Very nice finds!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks coin whisperer

Love it! I really want to find a dog tax tag as well. Congrats! We just had the stick to the shovel target asked about recently. Pretty funny! I have yet to experience this, but kind look forward to it :D
Thanks mike,i always wanted one too and it was the last thing I thought I’d find that day.

Congrats on the nice finds and finally finding an old dog tax tag! I also found a 1910 tag that looks like yours but says Westmoreland county instead...it's really toasted though. Your tag is in awesome shape!
Thanks Fred,westmoreland county is pretty close so I’d consider that a hometown find.
That is very cool!
Thanks Lee

Congrats on the old and deep tag .
Thanks soil surgeon

Simplex ? Congrats on the dog tag and war nickel Woody. She's an oldie. I geta kick out of digging those old dogtags myself. AS far as war nickels go, there getting scarce, I think Jwp has found most of them ha ha. I did manage one a couple days ago. nice hunt. Good luck Mark

Simplex ? Congrats on the dog tag and war nickel Woody. She's an oldie. I geta kick out of digging those old dogtags myself. AS far as war nickels go, there getting scarce, I think Jwp has found most of them ha ha. I did manage one a couple days ago. nice hunt. Good luck Mark

Thanks Mark, I like finding relics more than coins I guess..i was using the mx sport, had to take it out and make sure it all worked good before I posted it for sale,,Been sitting for a few months and didn't wanna sell somthing Unless I knew it was still working correctly.

Last edited:
Great old one Wood, and it’s legible! It just goes to show that the item doesn’t have to necessarily be a coin or silver or even gold to be interesting and worth having! Very nice little historical piece, well done!

Back
Top Bottom