• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

South Beach Double Catch & Release Day Yesterday with Tim!

FelixtheCat

A Moderating Knight of the Round Coil
Super Mod
Forum Supporter
I met up with Tim from Florida today who was here for a day just coming off his Caribbean vacation cruise. We met up at about 2 pm on South Beach for our 2nd ever hunt together. Unfortunately we didn’t get a picture together this time. :no: When I arrived he was already in the water trying to get a head start on the gold plundering! (You’re a true :pirate2: Tim!) We talked for a bit and then we got down to business. I saw him work near shore while I took off and worked offshore for most of the time. My 1st ring was a nice looking and large stainless and onyx ring. :roll: Then after just over 2 hours of hunting, I run into a despondent looking guy that had lost his wedding band. His name is Jaime and he’s from Bogota. He tells me his ring is white gold with yellow gold on the edges. His wife shows me hers which is a matching set – a really gorgeous ring! He tells me the area that it’s in and it’s about the size of a room. I get to work and the 1st target in my 1st pass through the area is a nice shiny penny. I now go on 2nd pass and the second target sounded good, but seemed a little deep for a recent drop, coming up in 2 scoops – a pull tab. A few minutes later target #3 and it sounded good and loud :dingding: It truly was a gorgeous ring with some nice heft to it!! Jaime was at a loss for words. You could see how relieved both he and his wife became. He asked me in Spanish “what the cost was?” I told him nothing but a picture. (It’s funny how many people think that this is the job that I do to make money. I got asked that quite a few times today actually).

About an hour after the 1st catch & release I find a nice looking ring on an offshore sandbar which I think is silver with some diamond chips. A beautiful girl comes up to me and asks me if I had found a ring and I said “Yes, if you can describe it I’ll give it to you”. She tells me “It’s not hers but her sisters”. She leaves and comes back and gives me the description of the ring. I hand it over to her but tell her it’s going to cost her a picture. (That’s my standard finder’s fee! :yes:) She heads back as I work towards getting closer to the shore. She comes along with her sister and a friend of their’s to take the picture. That’s me next to “Yadi” and her sister with the ring “Iliana” – two California girls here on vacation. The rest of the hunt was pretty much the same few targets. I hunted for nearly 5 hours and didn’t get to see Tim again before I left but he told later me that his Excal’s battery started quacking out so he left early without scoring anything worthwhile. I could swear the crowds were at least 25-33% of what they should’ve been and I believe it was due to the World Cup. That’ll probably have an impact on the yellow for the next month. :( Well I was off on Friday and yesterday was my 1st official summer hunt – let the games begin! :egyptian:

Happy Father's Day gents!

Attachments

• 6-16-18 Catch & Release1 (1).jpg
    6-16-18 Catch & Release1 (1).jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 581
  • 6-16-18 Catch & Release1 (2).jpg
    6-16-18 Catch & Release1 (2).jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 572
  • 6-16-18 Catch & Release2 (2).jpg
    6-16-18 Catch & Release2 (2).jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 604
  • 6-16-18 Catch & Release2 (1).jpg
    6-16-18 Catch & Release2 (1).jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 572
  • 6-16-18.jpg
    6-16-18.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 545
  • 6-16-18 Rings.jpg
    6-16-18 Rings.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 561
Last edited:
Way to go! Yeah i dont bring sunglasses and try to find a pair to wear. The diamond blinged out ones are the best:lol:

Felix / OBN

That'a boy, better than Gold, mixing the hobby with candy :thumbsup: every body has a sweet tooth , thank's 4 sharing. PS OBN, if you can't post gold, ya better come up with some candy :pirate::snapoutofit:

Maybe better start charging return money and get yourself some new Gloves?:laughing: And those Olive Crocs? Sheesh...

Totally jelly here BTW...!

Back
Top Bottom