Our First Bronze Coin and Much More

Belangers

Elite Member
We had just arrived at the old abandoned property (only the outhouse was left), when my detector went off. The first dig of the area yeilded this 1869 bonze 2cent piece.

18691.JPG

18692.JPG

Here's more of the finds we (my wife and I) dug that day.

6.jpg

axe.JPG

Here's the abandoned property. We couldn't be sure that we found the foundation, but there was a raised area near the outhouse that we think the house may have been built on. We plan to go back next weekend.
SANY0008.JPG

The majority of these coins were found in a park on another day.

multicoins.JPG

Super find guys!!! :shock::wow::yes: I have yet to find anything even nearly that old, Coin is in great shape!!:yes: Nice pile of loot as well!:tumble:

Wow! You two sure know where to look. Nice hunt'n. Very weird the way the house is gone but the toilet still looks pretty nice. (Bet people came from miles around just to see that toilet. Maybe it was a pay-toilet? Did you find many coins out in front?)

HH

Rich

The other coins were all modern 1957-1980. I have a gut feeling someone's been out there before because we saw alot of random, what appeared to be, filled-in dig holes. There was more out there, only too big to dig out such as old burried tractor parts and other such things. The area is actually quite big so we couldn't cover everything in one day. We plan to return this weekend to see what else we can find :yes: Yeah, I was so excited to pull up that 2 cent piece. My wife screamed when I read 18.... :lol:

Congrats on the finds! Good looking area to hunt.Which machine were you using?-------------Mike

That's awesome! You can see most of the motto so that puts it in good to fine condition. Congrats on a great find!

Defintely one awesome find and fine looking coin!:yes:

Back
Top Bottom