• Forum server maintanace tonight.
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

"The Detectorists"

wvdave107

Elite Member
Just stumbled across this show on Netflix. Seems I've seen something on past threads about it. Can anyone shed any light? Is it worth watching while it's poring the rain? Just curious....

Just stumbled across this show on Netflix. Seems I've seen something on past threads about it. Can anyone shed any light? Is it worth watching while it's poring the rain? Just curious....

Yes in my opinion it’s worth watching. I found it on line a few weeks ago and binge watched it.I also just discovered it on Netflix and am watching it again. It’s about more than just metal detecting,I don’t care for sitcoms that are supposed to be funny but to me are just stupid. Detectorists on the other hand I found to have its funny parts but also has a good storyline. Just my opinion:-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think I remember seeing an episode a long time ago, I'll have to see about checking it out again.

It'd be neat if they had some guest appearances by some forum members :laughing::laughing::laughing:
detectoristsmud.jpg

Just found it a few weeks ago myself. I turned it on when nobody was around but it wasn't long before everyone in the house was watching. Good show.

Absolutely love "Detectorists"! I found out about it late last year on this thread:

http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=253429

Been slowly pacing myself through the series ever since (trying to make it last as long as possible!). I'm about 3/4 of the way through Season 2 now.

All of the Season 3 episodes can be watched for free on starting from this link (comes from the thread above - thanks go to member Toewe for finding them there!):

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x68e6vy

Excellent show. Eagerly waiting for S3 to post on Netflix.

Oldest coin- 1946 wheatie.

Brit humour is always worth watching!! I saw this series before it featured on Netflix and had a good chuckle.. nice quite humour..

DETECTORIST!!! hehehe

Love the Series! British Humor in general... Cant wait until S3 is on Netflix!

Me and my Wife absolutely enjoy 'The Detectorists'!!!...We have even adopted a line out of S1 that we regularly use around here if one of us has to attend some sort of generic boring social function...or going to Sam's Club, it works well for nearly everything!

"You wanna come? Terrys giving a talk about buttons!"... :laughing::laughing:

Its like our little code meaning:..."I gotta go, and you can come if you want to, but you probably wont enjoy it"...:laughing:

Wonderful show, not just about detecting but also about life and love. For fans of understated (and sometimes not-so-understated) British humor.
I watched the third season online and, without giving anything away, have to say that the ending of the final episode was one of the most perfectly conceived and filmed sequences I've ever seen anywhere. Just brilliant.

Back
Top Bottom