Jeep Wrangler!?

CTCurt

Super Mod
Forum Supporter
Looking to purchase a new toy. Looking to get into a new (2019?) Jeep Wrangler 2 door Rubicon. Please give me your thoughts. I know there is quite a few people here who have owned Wranglers here. Reviews online are all over the board. Note: This will not be my daily driver. Just for weekends to get outta town....:yes:.....Thanks all

They aren't horrible, but... most people I know who have had one either tire of it's limited usefulness and trade in for something else. Fortunately with a newer one, it doesn't have the weak v-6, I think they improved it in 2012. I had a TJ and hated it. The only good thing about it was it seemed like it was designed to make repairs easy.... Most people I know of that like them only do because they're easily built with a huge selection of after market add-ons.

It might not be a bad choice for a weekend occasional use vehicle. I am not sure about the gas mileage on the newer ones, it sucked with the inline-6.

Years ago I had a couple of Jeeps. I was very much into offroading and loved my Wranglers. Of course they were heavily modified and had very little resemblance to a stock Wrangler. Also, these were YJ's (88-95) and were completely different than the Wranglers now. I have no experience with the new ones.

picture.php

Thanks Zee. I have resigned myself to the fact that it may be a great toy for off roading and rock climbing, but there is not alot of areas around me to enjoy those pursuits. Maybe if I lived out West,(and was 30 years younger:lol:). I guess at my age, I've become too practical to buy such a toy. Most reviews are that people enjoy them for a short time, and then move on to something else. Thanks all for the replies......:yes:

Wrangler, no. CJ yes ;)

I've probably owned 20+. Used to buy 'em, put fiberglass body tubs on them, paint 'em, lift 'em, put on a set of big wheels/tires, and sell 'em to the mall crawlers.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2018-06-20 at 2.42.44 PM.jpg
    Screenshot 2018-06-20 at 2.42.44 PM.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 97
  • Screenshot 2018-06-20 at 2.42.57 PM.jpg
    Screenshot 2018-06-20 at 2.42.57 PM.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 102
  • Screenshot 2018-06-20 at 2.43.20 PM.jpg
    Screenshot 2018-06-20 at 2.43.20 PM.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 125
  • Screenshot 2018-06-20 at 2.43.09 PM.jpg
    Screenshot 2018-06-20 at 2.43.09 PM.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 107
Have 3 YJ's. Love em. Just dont buy a 4 cylinder. You won't be happy with it. All mine are soft tops which are cool but you'll buy a new one every 5 years. So I feel a hardtop is better. Just my opinions.

Back
Top Bottom