Is New England Detectors on vacation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Andrew is a great guy but He never returns calls and is never there. I think the manufacturers should crack down on him. I deal with GoldDigger Detectors in NJ. They are the largest Minelab dealer in the US and the service is awesome.

I have called N.E.D. twice over a 2 week period with a long list of stuff I want to buy as a package deal including a detector. I also emailed. Nobody has got back to me. I am forced to go to his competition. Seems like a funny way to run a business.
Joe in NH

Well, I finally got an e-mail from someone in sales. I got 2 actually. The first one was a lesson in supply and demand of the AT-Pro and Garrett Pro Pointer.

Several things wrong with this. #1 I'm a retail manager and didn't need the lesson. #2 Giving this lesson to a customer having a problem with your company rarely makes the situation better. #3 You should NEVER take a customers money for something you do not have in stock. The customer should be notified that the item is unavailable, and given the option to backorder the item or re-order it after stock arrives.

And #4 I DIDN'T ORDER AN AT-PRO OR A PRO POINTER. I ordered a pair of Sunray headphones.

The second e-mail simply said "disregard the last message" Order status changed to processing. Which is what it has been since last Sunday.

O well. I'm just gonna forget all about it for 24 hours. Hit the beach tomorrow and have as much fun as possible then deal with it on Monday. To everyone who replied and PM me thank you so much for the suggestions.

Hunt Happy!
Plug Martian

Well, I finally got an e-mail from someone in sales. I got 2 actually. The first one was a lesson in supply and demand of the AT-Pro and Garrett Pro Pointer.

Several things wrong with this. #1 I'm a retail manager and didn't need the lesson. #2 Giving this lesson to a customer having a problem with your company rarely makes the situation better. #3 You should NEVER take a customers money for something you do not have in stock. The customer should be notified that the item is unavailable, and given the option to backorder the item or re-order it after stock arrives.

And #4 I DIDN'T ORDER AN AT-PRO OR A PRO POINTER. I ordered a pair of Sunray headphones.

The second e-mail simply said "disregard the last message" Order status changed to processing. Which is what it has been since last Sunday.

O well. I'm just gonna forget all about it for 24 hours. Hit the beach tomorrow and have as much fun as possible then deal with it on Monday. To everyone who replied and PM me thank you so much for the suggestions.

Hunt Happy!
Plug Martian

That is too funny... Happy hunting tomorrow!

They were much better when Dale (bigboar) worked for NED. He always got my orders shipped right away, but the key was to call Dale directly, not NED. I've called 3 times now and the lady takes my info and says I'll get a call back. I have never gotten a call or email. Ever.

It's a bummer, I would have ordered 2 detectors and a ProPointer through NED, but they never returned my call. Now I deal with Bart at Big Boys Hobbies solely. He answers my calls and process my order right away.

It was nice to have NED in my court, because If I was in a pinch for time I could have my products at my door in 24hrs. Like I said since Dale no longer reps for them, it went downhill.

I ordered the Garrett Pro Pointer/Lesche combo from NED last night. Today I heard they were out of stock so I sent them an email just inquiring when they might be getting them in. I received a reply within minutes informing me that they had just received a shipment of pro pointers in this afternoon but were not sure if they would have any left by time they got to my order. The guy in sales gave me an estimate of 1-2 weeks if I had to wait for the next order. I am more than happy to wait since I got a great deal on the combo and more importantly they communicated with me about it and kept me informed and that is what is important to me.

I ordered the same combo on 3/3 got a e-mail on 3/8 saying that they were backordered, hopefully we'll get one out of their recent shipment.

I ordered my first detector (AT Pro) from NED about two years ago. Order messed up and didn't get my Lesche. They said it was in mail. When box arrived it was another AT Pro. Ha. Now had two AT Pro's and no Lesche. Finally got it all straightened out but I ordered my AT Gold and a few other things from Bart next time. No problems with him. Seems the problems are never ending with NED. Too bad, Andrew is a great guy.

I guess this topic will surely do NED in. I dont know why they never return phone calls. They have an answering service answering all of their calls which is also bad business. I met Andrew once and he is really a good guy. He should have someone running his business for him.

I have seen these type post before about NE and never intended to do business with them BUT the combo deal was just too good to pass up and I did pay via PayPal so I am protected.
Personally I was surprised as they answered both my emails within minutes and even sent a third email ( I believe was a mass email) informing me that there was a back order and they would refund my $ if I wished. I am going to give them the benefit of the doubt and see how it comes out. I will be sure to post how it all comes out.

I don't think they are on vacation. I heard from them through email this morning in response to me asking about pricing. Maybe they are out detecting..

Surejam

They were much better when Dale (bigboar) worked for NED. He always got my orders shipped right away, but the key was to call Dale directly, not NED. I've called 3 times now and the lady takes my info and says I'll get a call back. I have never gotten a call or email. Ever.

It's a bummer, I would have ordered 2 detectors and a ProPointer through NED, but they never returned my call. Now I deal with Bart at Big Boys Hobbies solely. He answers my calls and process my order right away.

It was nice to have NED in my court, because If I was in a pinch for time I could have my products at my door in 24hrs. Like I said since Dale no longer reps for them, it went downhill.

I agree 100%...Dale was a pleasure to deal with. Since he left I have not been happy with their service. I just recently bought a coil from Bart at big boys..very polite and responded too my emails and returns my calls. Very Happy. I was trying to purchase from NED since in the past I bought my Etrac and Sampson from them and the service was good...now, not so much.

Silver, I have had a couple problems ordering from NED. I won't call them again. I had the exact same issues twice as the OP states. Over and out. You are killing yourselves with communication problems starting with ignoring emails or voice mails. Your company is real bad about this. One thing that bothers me about the OP's post is he stated his credit card was billed. It then only shows his order as "processing" but my experience is that is standard for NED after it ships. No tracking and nobody who will tell you if it did. That is crazy. It frustrates us and then all of a sudden the item arrives! It probably is in shipping because by CC agreements you can not bill him until it ships. If you billed him and did not ship he needs to call his credit card company and file a complaint. You can not do that.

If you do not follow up with customers who want to know where there shipment is then you are doomed. I can tell you this, if it was my company those problems would not exist. They do, don't make excuses. Fix it.
From a conversation earlier on FB, "For those that place orders online you have to input your payment before an order can be processed. These products are so volatile that it is nearly impossible to update the website fast enough. For us to take a product down and go back and put it up when we have stock is too difficult. We receive orders Everyday from manufacturers and like most dealers its a !!!! shoot what we are going to get or I should say not get when we are suppose to . We can cancel your order in hopes you can find it from another dealer, we have no problem doing that. [email protected] let us know you want to cancel and we will immediately refund your money." "This industry and the manufacturers that participate Garrett, Minelab Etc they do not have a giant warehouse of detectors sitting in the wind for people to order . All these manufacturers run on razor thin margins and make them to order. Which means if the demand is their they will ramp up production . The other thing we have to realize is that the parts in these detectors are NOT made in the U.S. every year at the beginning of our year overseas manufacturers have a holiday during this time nothing is being produced. I have found it odd that this holiday coincides with all the manufacturers having issues with being back ordered. No U.S. manufacturer will admit it but so far they all have a great track record of being back ordered at the same time for 5 years in a row. Remember Garret and the other U.S companies make their products in the U.S. but I doubt their circuit boards and or the diodes chips, LCD screen Speakers Plastic Mold injected parts are made solely in the U.S. I believe this is the real reason all Manufacturers are delayed, that and of course the demand for these items. Lets not forget our European friends as well. They need some detector love as well. The american Detectors Companies are shipping all over the world in this new economy its not only U.S they have to cater to. There are so many moving parts in a business that the end user rarely understands what is involved. We all want to get you the product in your hand and make happy customers." They are doing their best.

That is too funny... Happy hunting tomorrow!

Thank you! I had fun, and we both found silver so it was a good day. I did finally get an E-mail from Andrew. The problem has not yet been rectified to my satisfaction, but it's a start. I honestly did not start this thred intending it to be an lets all pile on NED post. I just wanted to find out if this was an isolated incident or a common problem. I'm sad to say it seems to be the latter.

Hunt Happy!
Plug Martian

order disappeared

I place a order with them for the Garrett pointer and lesche comb this week.
The order went out of the shopping kart and money out of bank account but they didn't send me any order number or anything. :?: Emailed them they said they look into it still waiting to hear back :mad:

I had same problem few weeks ago ,several calls and emails.After 2 weeks i got my combo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom