X-Pointer pinpointer review and a few relics

gtoast99

Forum Supporter
Hey Ya'll! I was recently invited by my friend Keith over at Fort Bedford Metal Detectors to do some Civil War relic hunting and try out a new piece of equipment, the X-Pointer by Deteknix.

The day was HOT and dry, and I ended up pretty dehydrated by the end of it. Be careful out there, folks. But I did end up with some nice bullets, and Keith dug an awesome pair of state buttons.

I was super impressed with the X-Pointer, it's a really solid pinpointer with a great pricetag to boot. Check out my full review on it over at Detecting Saxapahaw.

Thanks for reading!

Attachments

• bullets 9_6_14.JPG
    bullets 9_6_14.JPG
    70.3 KB · Views: 326
  • xpointer2.JPG
    xpointer2.JPG
    25.9 KB · Views: 283
The falsing from soil conditions was a surprise for me. You found out that this pointer has found a home with the relic/coin hunter users. Having to run on lower sensitivity could also limit its effectiveness even on those two areas if the area being hunted has conditions like you found during your relic hunt.

Congrat's on the lead, there!

I would agree that the X-pointer is suprisingly GOOD! It being a PI unit, it WILL false less than the Garrett or the Minelab, in mineralized soil. Can't beat that.

Value-wise it is a bargain who's performance/durability surpass the price paid. Now, if all the other manufacturers would just follow suit. It's like arguing that when you buy a pair of Nikes, you really aren't paying a premium for the name alone. :yes:

The falsing from soil conditions was a surprise for me. You found out that this pointer has found a home with the relic/coin hunter users. Having to run on lower sensitivity could also limit its effectiveness even on those two areas if the area being hunted has conditions like you found during your relic hunt.

It surprised me too, to be honest. But that's why we picked that site to go to. We wanted to try it out in some very mineralized ground to test the extreme limits. I was still quite pleased with the results.

I would agree that the X-pointer is suprisingly GOOD! It being a PI unit, it WILL false less than the Garrett or the Minelab, in mineralized soil. Can't beat that.

Yes, I would agree. I hunt up in Culpeper at DIV where the ground is absurdly hot, and a few sites around home with some very hot ground as well. So being able to get it to quiet down without losing as much sensitivity is a big deal to me.

But in any conditions, that fact that it wouldn't false on pushing or twisting AT ALL was also a welcome change!

I'm loving my xpointer!!! I've owned the trx and I own a pot pointer but the xpointer is my fave

Minelab CTX Dirty30-Teknetics T2 Se

I'm loving my xpointer!!! I've owned the trx and I own a pot pointer but the xpointer is my fave

Minelab CTX Dirty30-Teknetics T2 Se

I agree. My ProPointer is my backup for now, since I got an X-pointer. It just seems that locating the target in the hole, I get a lot less interference from the soil. When my X-pointer sounds off, I have more confidence that it's the target and nothing else.

Back
Top Bottom