Has anyone tried of these

SkiWhiz

Elite Member
If I had the $$$ I would love to try one of these and see how they do, we hear tons about the Garrett Ace 250 the Fisher F2 the White's Coinmaster but never anything about the - Teknetics Alpha 2000 (costs $199.00 brand new)

Numerical Category Target ID System
Tone Discrimination
Number of Tones: 3
Levels of Adjustable Discrimination: 6
Discrimination by Categories
Single Notch Selectable by Category
Adjustable Sensitivity
Battery Life Indicator
Intuitive Menu System
Numerical Depth Readout
1/8" and 1/4" Headphone Jacks
Rubber-Button Control Interface
1 Search Mode: Discrimination Mode
All Metals Motion Mode (2nd Derivative)
Transmit Frequency: 7.8 kHz
Preset Ground Balance
Concentric 8 Inch Open-Face Coil System
Locking Ring Coil Connector
Power Supply: 9V Alkaline Battery

Attachments

• alpha-fullunit.jpg
    alpha-fullunit.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 542
  • alpha-facePlate.jpg
    alpha-facePlate.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 555
Teknetics

I've used the teknetics omega 8000. It's very good. Alot of people like it more than fisher f 70. Wish i still had it. you can get a used with 3 coils for about 550. Craig

If I can't get my Discovery fixed under warranty I am seriously considering its' bigger brother the Delta. If I go that route then my 10" Magnum coil becomes useless. So it's going to either be a Delta or an F2 for me. From what I have read on it it's good.

I've heard some very good things about teknetics recently.........Could be a very good buy!!

lt's sure neat looking. Somebody surely uses one. I would like to hear about it. It's almost as pretty as the Ace.:lol::lol:

Quote - "It's almost as pretty as the Ace" - slingshot my friend you need to see an Optometrists, the Alpha is much prettier than the Ace :p:lol:.

im bidding on a delta right now on ebay. looks like a pretty good machine. it has numerical target id. not sure about the 2000. pretty reputable brand being teknetics and some nice features. should be good for the price!

i went on a paid hunt a few weeks ago. There were several there. I was able to try out a 8000. It was nicely balanced and seemed like a decent machine. It had good depth to

i went on a paid hunt a few weeks ago. There were several there. I was able to try out a 8000. It was nicely balanced and seemed like a decent machine. It had good depth to
When you say - It was nicely balanced and seemed like a decent machine. It had good depth to. You meant the 8000 right??? Did you try or see how the Alpha did. Thank tater. Steve.

When you say - It was nicely balanced and seemed like a decent machine. It had good depth to. You meant the 8000 right??? Did you try or see how the Alpha did. Thank tater. Steve.

I didnt get to look at the alpha. There was a drawing for one but after i got $15 worth of tickets i didnt win. I have an EMT friend that sells them at his shop and i can find out about them if you want. Let me know.
Yeah the Omega 8000 i think is what i tried out. Really felt good in my hands. Just about popped my eardrum on a dime at 6 inches. Still sounded good at 8.

I have a theory, and maybe I am wrong ;), that with a line of detectors such as Tek's Alpha, Delta, Gamma, etc. that there isn't going to much depth difference - if any. I think what you get in higher models is more bells & whistles.

Back
Top Bottom