Ooohhh PLEASE let "FAY" come this way!!!

Zoidberg661

I am practically drooling over the possibility of having "Fay" blow past us down here in the Keys. For the last two years I have been GPSing potential spots for a post hurricane metal detecting scenario and I have so many sites I want to hit. I am hoping, praying, and keeping my fingers crossed that she will stayon track and wallop us down here.

Anyone else on this board from South Dade or Monroe Counties?

What would a hurricane do for you? Are you contemplating washed up treasure, or eroded beaches? Not sure what it will do - well, except for the usual mess. RickO

What it would do is move TONs of sand all over the place thereby loosening up anything in the underlying sand/muck and bring it closer to the surface where a detector will pick it up. Many a "coin" have been found after the winds blow through down here. I am sure some of this forum's users located up there around Vero or Sebastian are watching this storm like hawks as well. It is a fact that lots of fun (old) stuff gets washed up after the canes pass by, the question is, who will be the first to hunt the good areas in the days after.

I hope it does come in I live in lee county. If it does hit and gets crazy you better bet I will be at the beach MD'ing as soon as the worst is over!!! :lol:

Let's hope it brings a good rain, but not hurricane force winds or flooding. Maybe 40 mph tops.

I get the same way in the winter out here in California. I find myself hoping for big storms to wash out sand! Is that wrong??!!?:?::no::p

Reports are that it's going to start turning left. Georgia should get some decent rain out of this.

Looks like it hit.. Osiris must be out on the beach... Georgia should get some good rain.. and maybe a little in SC... I think NC may be out of luck though... RickO

It's a little breezy here in Orlando right now. That's about it so far. We'll see how it goes tonight.

Yeah, Winter Springs is dry as a bone and we're all bummed. I wanted to have a Hurricane Party and hit the beaches after this thing is over!! I LOVE a freshly churned beach!!!

And for the record: Stu believes we should work until Seminole County gets evacuated. Lol!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

beaches

After a storm, look in the trough, ripples before the water line, and tune the md on the surface. Look in the deeps part of the pools. Should find some rings and sliver coins and other interesting items. GOOD HUNTING

Back
Top Bottom