Boots!

Gms318

Ok Guys and Gals, for 30+ yrs I have worn red wing boots. Being that I worked for a railroad we were required to use steel toe boots. I also wear them now detecting, have not had a problem. I now have a nox 600. also my old detector was a whites coinmaster 2. So any one else use steel toe boots?

Ok Guys and Gals, for 30+ yrs I have worn red wing boots. Being that I worked for a railroad we were required to use steel toe boots. I also wear them now detecting, have not had a problem. I now have a nox 600. also my old detector was a whites coinmaster 2. So any one else use steel toe boots?

Better question: Why? Do you regularly detect in places where you drop stuff on your feet? :shock:

I wear Keens. Most comfortable shoe I've ever worn.

I wear Sketcher waterproof boots and they are very comfortable. When it heats up I wear water shoes.

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

I wear Skechers walking shoes. They're comfortable and last forever. If the ground is wet and soggy from heavy rain I wear those low cut "duck shoes" with the rubber bottoms....keep my feet dry all day. NEVER wear boots.

HaHa, no i do not drop stuff on my toes!:laughing: The railroad gave us new boots every year. So i have quite a few pairs of super boots! I also wear merrills when i do yards and parks!

I wore steel toe boots while detecting a few times years ago. I remember it was annoying at times, but doable.
My suggestion: Good, used engineer boots sell on ebay. Sell your spares and buy something more comfortable...like those Keens. Proper footwear is important! :yes:

Yes I do. With my Nox 800 in Park 1, I do not have an issue, but in Park 2, I pick up my boots when I walk. So, I am looking for a pair of hunting boots.

I wear Keen boots that are really comfortable. I wear them for work too. They have a hard composite toe that has no metal in it.

Year round..

Danner Mountain Light (USA made)

Been wearing them for the last 30 years everyday for everything except water hunting. Gore Tex, waterproof breathable.. I'm a contract Forester by trade..

<°)))>{

My feet have somewhat of a deformity which causes my shoes to roll to the outside. Pretty much all the shoes or boots I've tired don't last more that 4 to 6 weeks. That is until I got a good pair of RedWing boots. Been wearing them for probably two years and they are standing up straight. Couldn't hunt without them.

But having said that, they aren't steel toes so no problem hunting at all.

Muck boots for winter and when it’s cooler and real wet and or muddy.

Warmer weather drier lighter weight pair of hiking boots without metal eyelets.

I won’t ever wear steel toe boots/shoes detecting.

Plus when one gets tired,,you may decide to shorten rod a bit. Then the coil definitely gets closer to one’s feet sweeping.

I wore Red Wing ST's for 40 years and would last maybe 3 years at the most with my kind of work. They do have composite toes too for them. As far as Mding I wear boots that give me good ankle support and I blouse my pants inside my boots or wear a set of WWII leggings to protect from ticks when in the woods or grassy fields.

Sturdy hiking boots. I was at Marshals with the wife. Saw these 165.00 gortex leather hiking boots for 59.00. Didn't realize the stupid insignia was Under Armour, some desirable brand by young people. Well they work since my diabetic feet need protection. Especially stabbing the ground a thousand times with sharp aircraft steel!!! Sampsons be weapons.

Back
Top Bottom