Getting ready to knock one off the bucket list

Crackdaddy

I am getting ready to do something I have wanted to do for years. I am going to Dimond St. Park for a week. I know that it's not MDing but I am about to bust. Lol If anyone knows of a good place to MD around there would love to hear from them. I don't know if it is ok to MD in the city parks. Well thanks for looking and HH all.

If you are talking about that place in Arkansas, I was there once. It was cool, definitely dig some diamonds. I went north of there to Crystal Mountain (recreational area) and turned up some nice quartz crystals in the stream-beds going through culverts under the road across the top of the mountain. It was up by Norman Ar. I believe.

Take a metal rod / probe... push it into the dirt until you feel gravel...if you don't feel gravel, keep moving until you do, then dig down to the gravel and collect it. The diamonds will get caught there.

Also, pay attention to the surface of the ground, if you can see a depression like this \_/ where water may run, dig there also, because teh ground has settled and there is gravel below.

Some guys who go regularly will find those areas where the water runs, then they dig down and plant large rocks in the ruts to catch the diamonds, and then fill the dirt back in.

Good luck and happy hunting!

Back
Top Bottom