NCBounty15 & Havenalmighty

RelicHound

Forum Supporter
this is your thread to enter your finds for the contest also to keep in touch with each other.

Even if you don't find much post it, it adds up. Three hunts by me and only just over 6 points so far. Take care.

First ever Buffalo Nickel!!!!

Wow, just detected at an old school and almost gave up when I pulled this beauty out!! A 1935 Buffalo Nickel. All in all, 10.7 points! HH all,
NC

Attachments

• DSCF2780.jpg
    DSCF2780.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 192
  • DSCF2781.jpg
    DSCF2781.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 173
  • DSCF2782.jpg
    DSCF2782.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 176
Revisited the Old School

Well, I ran into another detectorist without his detector at the old school today, (he has a whites) and he was telling me how he only detected the "Older looking areas" and I asked him what he found and he said stuff from the 70s. Well I didn't rush to tell him about my last trip!:lol::lol: Today wasn't too bad, I took a friend and taught him how to detect and we spent a couple hours and pulled out a total of .40 cents and a .925 pendant/antique charm thingy. Too bad it doesn't count. So, all in all, excluding the silver charm, a total of 1.6 points. :yes::roll: HH all,
NC

Attachments

• DSCF2790.jpg
    DSCF2790.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 165
  • DSCF2791.jpg
    DSCF2791.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 166
  • DSCF2787.jpg
    DSCF2787.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 157
  • DSCF2783.JPG
    DSCF2783.JPG
    87.6 KB · Views: 158
Good think you took a shot of the hallmark. Ya never know if the rules will change;)

I have a pile of clad and some jewelry that I am waiting to take a picture of. So hold on tight. Glad you are getting us on the board:)

How many points would:

71 Pennies (and 2 more Wheaties)
17 Dimes
16 Quarters
8 Nickels
1 Junk jewelry (on a chain;))
1 Token with gold plateting

Be?

EDIT///

112 clad = 28pts
1 Junk Jewelry = 10pts
1 Token = 5pts
2 Wheaties = 30pts

Total: 73pts

Whoopee. I'll post a pic soon.

How many points would:

71 Pennies (and 2 more Wheaties)
17 Dimes
16 Quarters
8 Nickels
1 Junk jewelry (on a chain;))
1 Token with gold plateting

Be?

EDIT///

112 clad = 28pts
1 Junk Jewelry = 10pts
1 Token = 5pts
2 Wheaties = 30pts

Total: 73pts

Whoopee. I'll post a pic soon.

Yea!!! Go team! I will be detecting at the old school where I got the Buffalo and the silver again tonight so hopefully something will come forth, namely silver coins! :lol: HH
NC

I hope we get more silver!! I don't think there is any silver in my area. I have already checked the nearest old school and found only clad and trash. Those wheaties I got were my first ever!

w00t. Today I went back to the park by my house to recheck some spots I didn't scan well last time I was there. I found my first ring!!! An 8kt silver women's ring with what appears to be amathyst and small diamonds! I'm so happy. If only I had a camera. So in the mean time that is 15pts! Plus the 3 and 1/4 pts from the clad I collected.

Here is a pic of the clad I found along with the 2 wheaties in the center, a token, and the ring i found.
9tpk4n.jpg

A close-up of the wheaties for verification purposes
c6vf7.jpg

I am freakin out right now because this stoopid camera wont focus good enough to take a clear shot of teh hallmark! I have tried everything. Flash. No Flash. Inside. Outside. In a room with no lights and THEN a flash. I even tried scanning it. What should I do?!
very nice! need a pic of the hall mark for the ring tho ;)

Back
Top Bottom