Review: Rattlehead’s Hip-Clip

spenglure

Elite Member
Hey all. I just wanted to point you all to a product that has significantly improved my metal detecting experience. That being member Rattlehead’s hip-clip that fits perfectly on my 30” Lesche shovel and Predator Little Mac. I’ve hunted that last two seasons with my 30” Lesche but on long days I get really fatigued carrying this shovel all day. I was searching for a way to keep my shovel on a belt and not hold it all day when I was approached by Dewayne. I ended up purchasing two clips and have hunted over five long hunts with them at this point. They are super easy to attach to your shovel, they stay in place once tightened and best of all no more arm fatigue! I don’t think I will ever detect without one from this point on. Anyway, when I find a great product I let others know. This is truly a game changing product for me. I have no doubt it will be for others. Thanks Dewayne for making a fine product! 5 stars!!

+1!!

I bought one at the end of February this year to replace a plastic "shovel holster" I had been using. With the plastic holster, my 31" t-handle sampson rode way too low - it swung around quite a bit, banging against my calves and lower leg constantly. Not just uncomfortable, but sometimes downright painful!

Rattlehead's Hip-Clip was immediately a huge improvement over that plastic holster! Simple to install on just about any detecting shovel, and fastens securely. Even more importantly, you can adjust the positioning of the clip so that the shovel "ride height" suits your tastes perfectly. It makes a huge difference for me - very little swing from the shovel while on my belt, and it no longer bounces off my leg! And it's easy to draw the shovel and stow it back on my belt as I hunt, so no need to carry it the whole time when I don't want to.

Highly recommend to anyone looking for a way to mount a shovel on their belt, especially longer ones!

Back
Top Bottom