Anybody still in Guam or Sipan?

AW1Phillips

Like the title says, im looking for a bud in Guam or Sipan. I have a really big and Jeep that can take us to alot of hard to reach/untapped places!

Like the title says, im looking for a bud in Guam or Sipan. I have a really big and Jeep that can take us to alot of hard to reach/untapped places!

I lived there almost a year in 2010-2011 but I didn't have a detector. I found a lot of U.S. and Japanese shell casings up to 20mm and some unfired cartridges and fired bullets by just walking the beaches. My best eyeball find was a marine corp cap badge found near one of the landing beaches. I liked going scuba diving to see the Amtrak in Agat best. I would like to detect there someday.

Last edited:
Yea theres a lot of WW2 relics and ammunition laying around so i think the hunting should be pretty good. Plus there doesn't seem to be many hunters out here, past or present. Im willing to bet theirs even Spanish gold out here since theirs a couple of old Spanish Forts. The hard part is getting through the thick jungle.

Yea theres a lot of WW2 relics and ammunition laying around so i think the hunting should be pretty good. Plus there doesn't seem to be many hunters out here, past or present. Im willing to bet theirs even Spanish gold out here since theirs a couple of old Spanish Forts. The hard part is getting through the thick jungle.

I never saw anyone metal detecting there. I left most of the stuff I found there at the war museum but it is so common they probably just threw it away. I think they have found treasure from a Spanish ship wreck off the south coast of Guam.

I wish I could have stayed there longer but it is hard to make money unless you have a government job and have some local connections. I miss scuba diving and sitting on the beach drinking beer there.

There's a guy in Guam looking for someone to help him out with a detector choice. Novice. Look in the General Discussion under "I'm the old guy but at least I'm new guy here" - Goes by 'Dave Pass.' Needs some help locating aluminum plot marker discs in a cemetery. Sounds interesting to me. Maybe you could get together with him - he wants to learn more about the hobby!

In Guam

I just arrived on Guam. Let's meet up!

I have a Tesoro Sand Shark and a Garrett Ace 250

Back
Top Bottom