Getting to detecting spots without a car? Ideas?

Thanks for your suggestions, everyone. After deliberating I have decided to just get a bike trailer, I think that's the best option for me right now.

It would be great if my dad enjoyed detecting with me, but he doesn't. And I only have one detector, so I can't really take a friend unless they have their own.

The bike has gotten me to a few places I couldn't as easily get to with a car, and saved me time by getting me there faster. Backpack beats what I normally do - just carry my detector across the handlebars lol. Too lazy to break it down.

Thanks for your suggestions, everyone. After deliberating I have decided to just get a bike trailer, I think that's the best option for me right now.

It would be great if my dad enjoyed detecting with me, but he doesn't. And I only have one detector, so I can't really take a friend unless they have their own.

Glad to hear you found the right solution for you, and glad to hear you won't have to hike to get out and hunt! :grin:

Have you though about a golf cart ? I see them in the classifieds from time to time fairly cheep.

Attachments

• ATV.jpg
    ATV.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 75
Okay, so I currently live at home with my family and we don't really have an extra vehicle for me to use all the time. I could buy my own vehicle but since I work from home and school (college) is within walking distance it would kind of be a waste of money for me to do that right now (then I'd have to make a car payment, and pay for gas and insurance since my parents don't want me on their insurance). So I was wondering, is there any way to me to get to more detecting spots without using a car all the time? I have considered getting a bike trailer to haul my gear/detector, but my dad thinks the vibration and bumps might be bad for the detector and since it is an AT Pro I don't want to risk damaging it. I also don't want to carry it for long distances, I feel that makes me a target and since I am a girl I feel kind of vulnerable alone. Does anyone have any ideas on how I could expand my detecting horizons?

You could hitch hike..................Just kidding. I think a bike sounds like a good option

Back
Top Bottom