51/2 Hours Of Cold Water Hunting Today!!

Cupajo

Elite Member
By the time I got to the local Beach Club beach the wind was nearly as bad as yesterday, but today I had my wet suit on and didn't care if the waves went over my head!

When I hunted this water a couple of days ago I couldn't get out very far without flooding my waders due to catching the tide a little early, wind blown swells and the radical drop off fifteen feet out from the water's edge.

I pulled an ear ring and a silver cross outa the water that day along with lots of can snaps and bottle caps.

The 3 mil wet suit was inadequate to say the least, but the day was warming up and maybe 3 hours into the hunt I was starting to feel almost warm.

Here is the take for 51/2 hours of hunting.

A chunk of lead that looks like it may be a weight for ballancing some sort of mechanical device.

The regular sporting goods including a fifty caliber musket ball............

A silver ring, bracelet and there is a silver nickel in the coins.

A Big Y promotional token and a watch fob from a bank made of brass and in fair shape.

Check out the condition of some of these clad coins...........

Many of them can not be used as they are so badly damaged that they are only good as copper scrap!

Sorry Friends, no gold, but it wasn't for lack of this Old Hunter working hard searching for it!!!

GL&HH to one and all,

CJ

Attachments

• Diablo Finds Recovered 046 (Large).jpg
    Diablo Finds Recovered 046 (Large).jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 351
  • Diablo Finds Recovered 048 (Large).jpg
    Diablo Finds Recovered 048 (Large).jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 351
  • Diablo Finds Recovered 050 (Large).jpg
    Diablo Finds Recovered 050 (Large).jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 358
  • Diablo Finds Recovered 051 (Large).jpg
    Diablo Finds Recovered 051 (Large).jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 355
  • Diablo Finds Recovered 052 (Large).jpg
    Diablo Finds Recovered 052 (Large).jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 356
This is the last pic that wouldn't fit in the post...........

Attachments

• Diablo Finds Recovered 056 (Large).jpg
    Diablo Finds Recovered 056 (Large).jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 355
Decent looking hunt CJ... I was out and about all day about 60 miles from the coast ;) yesterday I found a area of a beach that got washed out by Irene and I hope to hit it tomorrow night with my GT :)

Well nice finds....I haven't been to Old Lyme in a long time.,,,,those finds beat getting bit by a dear tick out there.....ya know what I mean.....HH

This private beach club is small and used only by the middle class members and guests. This is the first time I have gotten away from the waters edge far enough to hunt where I thought I might get lucky.

I don't think it has been hunted much, if ever, but it's hard to tell.

Not much silver and no gold makes me wonder.

They have a swim platform, but so far I haven't found where they anchor it. It gets removed in the winter.

I found an area well away from the water's edge where there were lots of large signals like a metal scrap yard. I'm not sure what that's all about.

Maybe winter tides, shifting sands and a warm dry-suit will help Dual Field, Diablo and this Old Hunter find the gold.

An adjacent private club, used by more upscale members, has produced a few gold rings over the years, but is sanded in now.

Work demands may keep me dry for a few days...........we'll see.

GL&HH Friends,

CJ

CJ... the "junk yard" might be where they anchor the platform... I hunt a beach with a platform they remove each fall but they leave the chains and mushroom anchors out in the water... try and work in there but away from the chains... I take my GT there and have found quite a bit of gold that way...of course at lowtide its all flats.

At the recent lower than normal tides the "junk yard" area is chest deep+ and adding rough water to that makes it a challenge!

I do plan to work out the area before giving up on it.

I don't think I'll use the GT there unless I can get 'er water tight........lol!!

Thanks for the info anyway Friend,

CJ

Back
Top Bottom