ACE 150/ General?Question

brassmonkee

So, I'm wondering...

Sometimes my detector rings out if its jarred, or if it taps the ground lightly, and sometimes just while im swinging. i know these arent targets, but more likely glitches...

is there something wrong with my ace 150? am i being too rough? and does this happen with all detectors? this isnt a very important question, because ive learned to tell the difference between random noises and real targets... im just curious if others experience it.

ALSO... i'm interested in buying a pinpointer.. i think it would save me a great deal of time... any suggestions? and can one be built from scratch easily? i've seen videos of a guy with what looks like a PVC pipe rigged to pinpoint...

love you guys, & thanks in advance for the feedback!

--b.monkee from south GA

Yo Monkey...you don't have a defective tector, just random noise. Wheeew ! That is unless you are geting pings at the end of every pass. Then you may have a problem.
As to the pinpointer, you might want to look at some older posts on the subject. Your budget may infulence your decision as well.

My guess would be that your coil wire isn't wrapped tight enough on the bottom pole. Your detector will detect the coil wire if the wire has any movement. Wrap the coil wire snug on the pole near the coil leave just enough slack to be able to adjust the coil so it is parallel with the ground. Steve.

Often MD's will give those random "bump" responses when hunting with the gain/sensitivity set HI. No real problem.

That PVC pipe thing you saw is likely a SunRay in-line probe.

Cruise the Accessories Forum for lots of opinions and advice on just about every pinpointer that is available.

thanks for all of the info guys!!

SkiWhiz, i tested that theory. it did it when i had my cable wrapped tight and still does it now that ive given it some slack (unwrapped once)- i even wiggled the slack cable back and forth above the coil and got no response. i'll have to agree with the other answers, regarding the bump responses.

as for the pinpointer, i will be digging around the forums here for my choice. thanks for advising!

<3 brass

Back
Top Bottom