Cen-Tech Pinpointer from Harbor Freight Review.

I got one

I did purchase a Cen-tech metal detector. Too cold to try it outside, but I do like the feel of it. It's big. The pictures makes it look smaller. Even in the videos, it did not seem that big!

I plan on using it as is till something breaks and then I'll try the mods.

Being in Canada it did take some time before it showed. But I did get it cheaper than anythig in Canada had to offer. The unit is going for $54 Canadian and shipping is extra. I got mine for $22 with shipping to my door.

I left mine out in the truck like a dummy and now it sounds all the time. If I take the battery out and let it sit for a day or so, it works for about ten seconds before it just constantly sounds like it's near metal. I've only had it like a week... I'm consdering just exchanging it for another one.

I just ordered one of these this evening to use purely as a backup to my Pro-Pointer. Hopefully, I'll never have to turn it on, except to test it out. It was very inexpensive and my total was less than $20 total including shipping. I figured that's pretty inexpensive alternative in case my main one breaks down.

Rodney

I'm new to this, and that's an interesting point. Can that really cause a problem? Or is the width just a carrying problem? I've heard that the dastec has as good a signal as the Garrett pp. is that true?

Back
Top Bottom