How do you write?

Gauntlet

Forum Supporter
Print or cursive?

Been seeing talk about (elsewhere) of kids nowadays not being able to read/write cursive. I was taught to read/write it (cursive), but my writing is much more legible when I print :lol: I do however sign my name in cursive.

Print or cursive?

Been seeing talk about (elsewhere) of kids nowadays not being able to read/write cursive. I was taught to read/write it (cursive), but my writing is much more legible when I print :lol: I do however sign my name in cursive.

I use cursive. Or a lazy combination of print and cursive. Interestingly enough. I just went to a parent/teacher conference and she told my wife and I that handwriting and even spelling is less important than keyboarding skills in today's world.

I also was schooled in both cursive and printing. I stopped writing in cursive after I got out of the service and have never gone back. I tried to write a sentence a while back in cursive and it was all but impossible.:?::?::shock::shock:

cusive / printing

Print or cursive?

Same for me, only time i use cursive now is for my signature.

I started taking drafting classes way back in High School. (Don't ask how long ago that was!) Because of that my printing was always better than my cursive.

I still think they should continue teaching it the schools, at least as an elective.

Print or cursive?

Ditto

My kids think cursive is a secret code us old people use to talk to each other. Then again unless I print my handwriting probably is. Only thing is, only I can decipher it. :lol:

I learned cursive in school, they used something called the Palmer method back then (1960-62). The key, I think, to writing well in cursive is the proper grip on the pen or pencil. I see young kids today holding the pen in their fist rather than with their fingertips. I often read old documents written in the early 20th century, and almost always the handwriting is very neat and readable.

I'm another one of those mix and match people. Regardless what I use, you'll be lucky to cipher the message...Give me a 3" wall brush and a cut pot though, and I can create art right on the wall! :D

I use both, depending on the situation or whether I'm in a hurry. It's a shame young people nowdays (due to computers) aren't being taught/actively writing out language. Someday in an emergency they may not have use of their devices and then what?

Achaios, I agree on the capital "Q", those are weird.

I'm one of the old timers that still use cursive. My only problem is that I get in a hurry when taking notes and when I find them later I can't always make out what I was writing about.

It would really blow their minds if you wrote cursive pig latin

20 years ago, I delivered newspapers and checks were mailed to me. I had 200-300 checks to sign from those who didn't pay the office. My signatures became like shorthand scripts and once I even had the bank call to verify my signature. After 4 years of doing that, I can't write slowly unless I print or struggle with each letter. :(

Back
Top Bottom