Dedication to the hobby....

DIGGER27

In Memory Of
Alabama, by way of Detroit, Tampa Bay, Alabama and
photostudio_1472308711044_PerfectlyClear.jpg

Actually a utility worker that went above and beyond to fix a broken pipe the best way he knew how.

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-t...ants-to-buy-super-dedicated-Texas-9186179.php

"I heard a high tone"

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

I guess he didn't have to worry about the ground being too hard to dig a plug !

I would have had to at least try to have a pump running to keep the water as low as possible.

Makes you wonder if some other people will wear wrangler jeans doing similar stuff hoping to get some free jeans :laughing::laughing::laughing:

This day and time , people will do just about anything to get something for free , it seems they'll put more effort into getting it free , than it would take for them to work and buy it . Sorry a$$ed society .

Makes you wonder if some other people will wear wrangler jeans doing similar stuff hoping to get some free jeans :laughing::laughing::laughing:

I won a years worth of free pizza from Pizza Hut last year in an online sweepstakes. They sent me 5 $100 gift cards and also 1 $75 one, so $575 in pizza credit. It lasted about 3-4 months ordering once a week.

Just curious as to what Wrangler would consider a years supply. I mean really, probably 2 pairs would last a year. One being worn while the other washed. That would be a total ripoff to claim as "a years worth".

This day and time , people will do just about anything to get something for free , it seems they'll put more effort into getting it free , than it would take for them to work and buy it . Sorry a$$ed society .

While I agree with you for the most part, this guy was really working for it unknowing Wrangler would do something like that. But I know you weren't talking about him.

Yeah, if it's takes more time and effort to get something free than what it would take to simply earn the money for it then why bother, just earn the money.

I have done good in the past at winning free prizes in contests where it simply either took a quick phone call or a quick entry on a web site, they weren't huge prizes, but not bad, about 5 different prizes ranging in value from about $100 to about $300. (and no, they weren't trying to give me any sales pitch, just said you won !)

While I agree with you for the most part, this guy was really working for it unknowing Wrangler would do something like that. But I know you weren't talking about him.

Yeah, if he was knowingly trying to impress companies he would have not only had the wrangler's tag visible, but brand name shirt, shoes, tools, all with the brand being identifiable :laughing::laughing::laughing:

The American can-do spirit at work.

Wrangler noticed he was wearing their jeans so they are sending him a year's supply.

The super probable sad part is...this picture will probably go viral. This perfect example of a hard working "just get it done" man will probably be put on suspension or fired for violating some "utility PC safety regulation" by some schmuck boss trying to make a name for himself.

Probably saved the company at least a few hundred if not $1000 in man labor and equipment use, to be sacrificed as an example of "definitely not what to do" for some trainee introductory classroom video taught by someone who has never even been in the field and has no idea what really needs to be done to get a job accomplished. As stated above, it's a sorry society these days.

It would make a hell of an ad for "sharkbite" connectors if that's what he was doing though. I can't imagine much else that can be done in a breath span of time that could stop that leak. Sharkbites are awesome!

Yes , you are correct , I wasn't talking about him , he's doing a job , the people I was talking about won't work . Just people in general . Sorry , been a tough week .

Yes , you are correct , I wasn't talking about him , he's doing a job , the people I was talking about won't work . Just people in general . Sorry , been a tough week .

I got cha'. It must be in the air, I've been in a very foul mood lately as well and it's coming through in my posts. I need to quit watching the news and get away from the general society for awhile, seems a little happiness is few and far between nowadays.

The super probable sad part is...this picture will probably go viral. This perfect example of a hard working "just get it done" man will probably be put on suspension or fired for violating some "utility PC safety regulation" by some schmuck boss trying to make a name for himself.

Probably saved the company at least a few hundred if not $1000 in man labor and equipment use, to be sacrificed as an example of "definitely not what to do" for some trainee introductory classroom video taught by someone who has never even been in the field and has no idea what really needs to be done to get a job accomplished. As stated above, it's a sorry society these days.

It would make a hell of an ad for "sharkbite" connectors if that's what he was doing though. I can't imagine much else that can be done in a breath span of time that could stop that leak. Sharkbites are awesome!

Read the link, watch the vid, it already has gone viral and none of that bad stuff happened.

Back
Top Bottom