coinstar opportunity

ohiochris

Elite Member
I was at Kroger the other day and on my way out I passed the coinstar machine. There was a woman there with this large guitar shaped clear plastic container full of strange sized coins. When I looked closer I seen many of them were dollars and 50 cent pieces. I thought I scored big time if I could buy some from her but I checked my pockets and only had two dollars. A little disappointed , but I offered to buy some from her and she gave me a dollar coin and two halves for the two dollars I had. Short on time and not wanting to bother her any more I walked away checking them only to find they werent silver , only clad. Oh well , I cant " lose " something that was never really mine to begin with , I just wish I had more money with me because there was a TON of non-typical coins in that container , I would have bet good money there was silver in there somewhere. Pay attention to what people are putting in those things , they will likely sell it to you for face value rather than paying a fee on it. I have to start looking at what people are putting in those machines more often.

Sorry for your missed opportunity , but , you should have stuck around to see if she left the reject slot full .

Yeah I wasn't able to stick around unfortunately. But the next person at the machine when she was through may have got a nice surprise :lol:

Ive randomly gone over and checked the machines before , but I really gotta start paying attention to what people are actively putting into them more often. If that can be done without looking like a creepy gawker and making the person nervous.

I haven't been able to do any detecting for a while but atleast Im spotting someone elses coins :lol:

Back
Top Bottom