Need more tools

HullGuitars

Forum Supporter
The title says it all. I'm in desperate need of more woodworking tools. Over the last several years I have taken my workshop from top-of-the-line, very high end power tools… To 1800s primitive hand tools.

I do every thing that I can possibly do by hand with tools from the late 1700s spanning up to the beginning of the 20th century.
Not a day has passed in the last three or four years where I have not been searching antique stores, flea markets, yard sales,, craigslist, forums, the newspaper, and any other source I can find for old hand tools. The list of tools I need is very specific and to the point. Very specific model numbers and types. But the list is very long.
Why am I posting this? I don't really know. I've had A. "wanted to buy" post on the forum for several years, with not much success.
I guess I'm just opening up a discussion for anybody that knows anything about tools. To put my problem in perspective, I have over 220 hand planes… Most Stanley's from the mid-1800s. I have close to 100 handsaw's… Mostly dovetail saws from the early disston era.
Thanks for listening and hopefully I can find help for my addiction

Wish I had some. Just recently had a yard sale so it had me going thru all my tools. Found plenty of extra screwdrivers and miscellaneous stuff to sell. People bought a couple things. But now left with a bucket of !!!! I probably don't want lol.

Back
Top Bottom