1920's Compact

pescadore

Elite Member
Hunted a house in my neighborhood that I have hunted previously with the 6T a couple of times. I was using my new Minelab Xterra 705 with the Coiltek 6" 3Khz Digger coil. I hunted half of the front yard last night after dark to tryout the backlight and found 2 clad dimes and 3 pennies. I went back this afternoon and hunted the rest of the front yard and one side. I found 2 keys, 3 clad dimes, 3 pennies and this antique rouge compact. I did a little research and it is a Luxor brand 1920's mini blush compact. It felt kinda heavy so I thought maybe there was something inside and so I put a little oil on the hinge and pryed it open. Surprisingly it didn't break the hinge and it was full of dried out rouge.

Very cool. I love picturing in my head the lady walking along who may have dropped it and thinking about how long that it sat there unknown to all until you walked by and scooped it up!

Very cool. I love picturing in my head the lady walking along who may have dropped it and thinking about how long that it sat there unknown to all until you walked by and scooped it up!

Haha. I do this with almost everything (except for trash). Mainly for keys I think, Imagine the person not being able to drive home, and when the finally get there having to climb into a window to get inside... Must've been that much harder without cellphones.
Nice find man.

Kewl compact the last one I found at a bottle dump had a 1928 slq in it I didnt find out till 2 weeks later when I opened it those are kewl to find!

Back
Top Bottom