Musketballs, old coins..

Voriax

Forum Supporter
Hello. :)

Here are few pics of the results of some recent hunts:
kaus01.jpg

These I found about a week ago. From one of my regular sites. Good thing that even after two group hunts and numerous visits by me and couple friends the site is still producing :yes:
couple coins, nothing too old, mid 1800's..a very old looking buckle but the most interesting item is that small pipe looking item. Hard to say how old it is, maybe museum can clarify it but those were used to store needles. Ribbon would go through it with plug in the other end and it'd be attached to belt or like from the other end.

taav01.jpg

2nd hunt couple days later was bit disappointing...couple buttons, couple Russian coppers. From 1800's once again, one lead seal and some bits and pieces...

kauk01.jpg

But during Easter holidays I spent some 5-6 hours at my long-time favourite field and it was time well spent. I think i've dug over 100 musketballs from that site..couple dozen this time. Coins were cruddy coppers as usual but at least some are from 1700's. 4 bale seals, 2 ring remains...

sormus2.jpg

Interesting design? Some sort of a bird I'd think. Pewter or like metal, dunno if it's old or some souvenir trinket.

solki.jpg

Rather nice small buckle and a thingamagic. Looks old but no guesses (yet) what it is.

Voriax

Back
Top Bottom