Water scoop vs sand scoop

DixieLandMan

Elite Member
Ok, I have a small sand scoop that I use on the sand. Without spending a lot of money, would that work well in the water also? I mean, why get a certain scoop when another one will do? Quality? Own the company? Any help would be appreciated. BTW- this will be almost exclusively used in salt water.

http://www.rtgstore.com/rtgaluminumscoops.htm

Your wet sand scoop, does it have a foot plate on the back because in the water your gonna be using it a lot. Plus if you dont have good skills when it comes to locating the target in the water you will need a bigger bucket on your scoop.

A dry sand scoop will be a nightmare in the water... you need a decent sized scoop because as you are digging the wave action is filling your hole in...

A dry sand scoop will fail quickly if you use it in the water. It wasn't meant to be shoved into dense, wet sand and it wasn't meant to pick up the weight of a full scoop of wet sand. The handle is probably not up to the task of that heavy-duty digging, rotating, and lifting either.

They take a lot of torque in the thick wet sand. I know guys who have bent the heck out of the SS scoops. I suggest you use it in the oat meal a good bit to see it will hold up.

Dew

Back
Top Bottom