After MANY skunk weeks, I finally scored....

goes4ever

Elite Member
I have been skunked pretty hard on halves for many weeks. Todays box was nice, real nice!!!! a good pile of 40% halves and one 90%, even has some initials on it...lol

Attachments

• DSC02936.JPG
    DSC02936.JPG
    112.8 KB · Views: 676
  • DSC02937.JPG
    DSC02937.JPG
    56.2 KB · Views: 671
Excellent results, G4I! Just wait until the 'King' sees your post. He only got 1 silver out of 5 boxes last week. Good luck with your next box too. : )

Very nice results. It's amazing how long people have been searching the halves and there are still silver halves to be found. I did a little CRHing in 2007, and I would have thought that all the silver would have been found by now.

Very nice results. It's amazing how long people have been searching the halves and there are still silver halves to be found. I did a little CRHing in 2007, and I would have thought that all the silver would have been found by now.

Doug, Silly people are still dumping their dad's and granddad's collections into local banks and thus into circulation! Look at those images closely ....those coins are in really nice shape, not been in circulation long!

Doug, Silly people are still dumping their dad's and granddad's collections into local banks and thus into circulation! Look at those images closely ....those coins are in really nice shape, not been in circulation long!
absolutely! people are still dumping coins everyday!!!!

must be nice to find that at the bank or do you order them?
I am on a standing order....1 box of halves and 1 box of dimes per week

What are these boxes?

Boxes of coins, generally fed rolled, can be purchased at many banks...or ordered. Be certain to let the bank folks know you are not in a rush so can you can wait until their normal delivery...I.E. DON'T special order! They will charge you for a special order! Also, they will charge you unless you have accounts with the bank!

KT normally orders 5 boxes of halves at $500 each, then dumps the coins and gets His Cash back after examining them! Boxes are available for pennies, nickels, dimes, quarters, and halves. For KT halves are the easiest to hunt as the numbers are large and the rolls easier to break. Most banks will have some rolls of coins or boxes available, except for halves, cause the public uses all but the halves.

I am on a standing order of one box of halves and one box of dimes each week, I don't even tell them, they just order me one of each every week unless I tell them not to, and they do not charge me anything, I have my accounts there

I am on a standing order of one box of halves and one box of dimes each week, I don't even tell them, they just order me one of each every week unless I tell them not to, and they do not charge me anything, I have my accounts there

KT discovered just today that the manager of His Royal Bank has KT listed as a standing order too! That means that KT only needs to call them to stop an order for a week when needed...like when He goes on vacation! :laughing:

Back
Top Bottom