Legal advise needed

When I was asked I had no idea what happened. I didn't know he had lost control and hit me. Sooooo Because I didn't make up some idea of what happened I got a ticket? Is that the way it works? At that point I didn't know what happened so what should I have said?

No you get a ticket because you said “I don’t know”. You should have just said what you did know nothing more or less. You were driving and all of the sudden there was a vet in YOUR lane hitting your car and you hit the brakes.

So what ever happened to the truck that was hit by the vett? Didn't the driver of it have any thing to say?
didn't that driver see what happened or were they busy texting?

:D Al

LOL sorry guy's but I probably need to clarify a bit on a few details that might help.

First off the accident was declared a "No Fault". I pay to fix my car and he pays to fix his. Unfortunately for the third guy he's on his own as well. I think it was declared No Fault because the evidence, in my opinion, clearly shows the Vette came from his far lane in to my lane and hit me. Maybe this Jeff is some prominent city official, I don't know, I just know the obvious was ignored and he went scott free and I got a ticket.

My Question is about my ticket. I have to go to court on the 4th for Inattentive Driving. $158 counting court costs. Point is I'm not guilty and I don't like be used especially by the City/Government. My pictures eaily show a car came from the far right lane and crossed clear to the other side of the street hitting me along the way, but, to get a judge, who may know this Jeff well also, to see the obvious and drop charges. Think it's possible?

In fact my insurance says it clearly shows it was his fault and are going after him to pay to have my car fixed and the third guy's pickup.

Oh, and DbblTap I didn't mean to sound ungrateful for your insight and opinion. I didn't just say I didn't know what happened. When the officer asked what happened I said I didn't know, but I also said I was just driving along and next thing I knew I had a Corvette on the front of my car so I hit my brakes and stopped.

Go to court and fight the ticket. Let your auto carrier subrogate against the idiot in the vette.

Sorry to see a fine stallion with battle scars. Glad you're ok. I'd have lost my $!#$ on that dbag in the vette. Clearly can't handle driving RWD.

I have one but it was not installed yet. But, here is a perfect video of what happened. This guy in the Vette punches it and loses it sideways and goes in to the left lane. I believe this is exactly what happened in my case.

I was called yesterday by my insurance and told they filed for "Arbitration". That means if the other guys insurance refuses to except responsibility it goes to a third party source that has no reason to be bias and they will review the evidence and make the call. Both side MUST except the decision of the other source.

Funny when you posted this story, that video is exactly what came to mind. Glad it all worked out for you. You have great taste in vehicles. I always wanted a GT500 w/ the whipple s/c.

Sad people were trash talking your recounting of the event. It was obvious from the pics what happened. Glad you got a fair resolution so far. I hope Jeff and the officer get a fair outcome as well. Sorry your sweet ride got damaged but glad noone got hurt.

Thanks to you that showed support for what's right. I have a few enemies on here who would trash talk me for finding a gold coin. This is a good example of what I feel is wrong with this world today. People let their personal feelings override common sense and doing what's right.

I agree NCDFX the main thing is no one was hurt. There was no race and that should be obvious to anyone due to a lack of tire tracks in my lane at all. Had I hit him or we even had been racing there would have been tire marks on my side as well. Defending a police officer for falsifying a police report is just wrong.

Again, thanks to those for the support for justice. Let's hope it always rises to the top, because someday, you might be in my shoes.

The Insurance Company is having a very bad time. My car is still not fixed and they've had it for a long time. The original estimate was $1,400 but it's up to $6,400 now and they still aren't done. This is a 30 year old body shop but they underestimated my car by a mile. I tried to tell them it wasn't a stock GT500 but has been made in to a Super Snake other than the Carbon Fiber parts. Hood and side rails, and spoiler.

All that was damaged was the front passenger side wheel area. They went to replace the fender only to find out the stock GT500 fender doesn't have engine bay heat vents. They went to replace the strut only to find out it had FR3 (Ford racing stage 3) suspension like the Super Snake. Had to send the stock one the ordered back and order the very high dollar FR3 strut which only came in pairs. Down to only replacing the bent rim when they find out the rims are custom and they had to order a TSW Normburing Matte black rim and send it off to be power coated to the matching custom color.

I'm having Mustang withdraws LOL

Last edited:
Thanks to you that showed support for what's right. I have a few enemies on here who would trash talk me for finding a gold coin. This is a good example of what I feel is wrong with this world today. People let their personal feelings override common sense and doing what's right.

I agree NCDFX the main thing is no one was hurt. There was no race and that should be obvious to anyone due to a lack of tire tracks in my lane at all. Had I hit him or we even had been racing there would have been tire marks on my side as well. Defending a police officer for falsifying a police report is just wrong.

Again, thanks to those for the support for justice. Let's hope it always rises to the top, because someday, you might be in my shoes.

The Insurance Company is having a very bad time. My car is still not fixed and they've had it for a long time. The original estimate was $1,400 but it's up to $6,400 now and they still aren't done. This is a 30 year old body shop but they underestimated my car by a mile. I tried to tell them it wasn't a stock GT500 but has been made in to a Super Snake other than the Carbon Fiber parts. Hood and side rails, and spoiler.

All that was damaged was the front passenger side wheel area. They went to replace the fender only to find out the stock GT500 fender doesn't have engine bay heat vents. They went to replace the strut only to find out it had FR3 (Ford racing stage 3) suspension like the Super Snake. Had to send the stock one the ordered back and order the very high dollar FR3 strut which only came in pairs. Down to only replacing the bent rim when they find out the rims are custom and they had to order a TSW Normburing Matte black rim and send it off to be power coated to the matching custom color.

I'm having Mustang withdraws LOL

Just for the record here I wasn’t saying the cop was right or you were in the wrong in the accident. I was just saying you left it open ended by saying you didn’t know what happened. I’m glad your getting it all sorted out and it’s all going well.

:?
Sounds to me like your City Prosecutor is as clueless as you claim us to be...:?::laughing:

:?:Barry, what are you even reading?? Detectors evidence clearly points to him not being the one who lost control. If the driver of the vett had damage on his driver side from the impact, and Detector had damage to his passenger side, and the guy in the truck also had damage on (I presume) his drivers side it clearly shows that the person in the right lane hit both vehicles. The tire marks are just icing on the cake. They clearly started in the Vettes lane, and moved to the other side of the road.

The prosecutor was smart enough to put the clues together and figure it out.

Last edited:
It wasn't a kid, that barfed, it was you....Traffic citations are civil and not criminal in nature..There is no "prosecution"...Yea, it can be dismissed for lack of evidence, but certainly does make you "innocent"...Police have an inherent immunity for doing what they are suppose to..You can't file charges on an officer cuz you got let off the hook..:laughing: Unless you can PROVE it was malicious persecution, and even then its civil....:laughing:
Im glad it worked out for you, Im sure it wont be the last time....:lol: Clean up your own mess....You've had practice...

:laughing::laughing::roll::roll: You really don't know anything about the legal system or how complaints can affect officers who are unethical do you??:roll:

Detectors complaint against the officer, if he chooses to file one, might not get the officer in trouble at all... on the surface.

Lets say that cop wants to get promoted in the future. What, do you think the supervising officers and admin won't look through everyone's files before promoting them? Do you think they won't see that complaint and go "hmmm, officer X has a complaint about unethical behavior on her record. Officers' C, B, and D seem to all have clean slates. Hmmm, I think we are gonna lower Officer X's chances at this promotion or any future promotion because of this. As a matter of fact, I think we need to make a marker showing any other admin in the future this tidbit of info if they think about promoting Officer X."

Even worse for this officer is how this complaint could look in a criminal case. Lets say Officer X is called to the stand to testify about a case she investigated. Any good Defense lawyer is going to look into every witnesses' history ahead of time, and you can be dam sure a complaint about unethical behavior would be used to sway a jury. And guess what that means to a prosecutor? Officer X is now effectively useless in any criminal case due to this blemish. A jury would probably consider the officers word as suspect, possibly damaging a case.

Hey Detector,

Here are my thoughts.

First off, good for you fighting this. To the people who said to plead guilty, that is terrible advice, simple as that. From the photos I can clearly see the wipe out start in the right lane, and came into the left lane, and then continued across the road. Now, looking at the damage to both vehicles, even a complete IDIOT could instantly see what happened. The Vette, being that it has damage to its drivers side fender, started in the right lane, lost control, and hit you in your lane. The Vette then continued into the truck in the opposite lane. I seriously don't know how some couldn't figure that out based on the evidence?:?:

Heres a question: Did the truck driver not say anything to the cop or you?? He should have had a good view of what was unfolding.

As far as you moving the vehicle before taking that, NEVER EVER EVER do that. Unfortunately, many people are liars when it comes to vehicle accidents. They simply cant handle admitting the truth knowing it will cost them thousands from future insurance premiums and current damages. I was involved in an accident about a year and a half ago, and it was clearly my fault, so I just admitted it to my insurance when it happened. I would strongly recommend having a dash cam for every vehicle you have Detector. Ive had one in my car for over a year, and have been so glad I have had it. Brings an extra level of security when I am driving. I would suggest buying a name brand cam, such as Garmin.

As far as the officer's conduct, I would have immediately asked to speak to her super at the accident scene once I realized what was going on. Also, possibly pull out the cell phone and start recording the convo and evidence. This type of behavior from an officer is unacceptable, and should be brought to the departments attention immediately.

I would push the behavior of the officer as far as possible. I could care less about how it would affect them, just like she didn't give a dam about how her lies would affect me. More than likely, this is an internal matter, and would have no shot at ending in your favor in a civil case against the officer. But sometimes sweet sweet revenge is what is needed. Read my above quoted post to understand what I mean by that.:cool:

I am honestly somewhat surprised the prosecutor, once they realized what the officer was trying to pull, didn't take it upon his/herself to contact the officers super and push for punishment. This type of !!!! is infuriating for most prosecutors because it is a waste of their time. Also, now the prosecutor knows that officer CANNOT be trusted. Like I said in the other post, honestly is everything in law enforcement if you run into someone in power who is honest.

Garmin that I own does not loop the video.

Who makes a good dashcam ? I thinking about making them out of a go pro.

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

I know what happened and he knows what happened and that's all that matters. It does concern me when I see people who will defend the obviously guilty even when it makes them look stupid. I was trying to point out this police officer, which we try and hold in the highest level when it comes to being a honest person, after all, they are in a position where a lot of real serious damage can be done by a police officer who lacks good moral values like honesty. Remember, if this officer would do this to me what's to stop them from doing the same to you?

Here is the officer actual report after taking our statements.

Report-dis.jpg

Made to support her reason for giving me an "Inattentive Driving" citation. What she left out was that She was told we were both stopped at the light at the intersection when I looked over and gave him a thumbs up. We sat until the light changed and both drove off at normal pace.

She also states I hit him "in the rear causing him to spin" yet all picture and even the owner of the other car show no rear damage. The only damage on his car was right behind the drivers door, where he hit me, and the passenger front where hit hit the other vehicle going the other way 3 lane away.

All evidence shows the officer filed at the least an inaccurate report, yet people are willing to be blind guided only by their hate or a feel to support a fellow officer. I'm just glad the City Prosecutor was an honest man.

What a shame ScubaDetector the 70 was one of my favorite years. I restored a 1970 Mach I back in 2006 and had to sell because I was just offered too much for it. I regret it now.

After restore.

70-_Mach1.jpg

You should be good. Burnout tells the whole story. Pit maneuver doesnt cause this. My friend got rear ended by someone and was found at fault. Went to court and they made the cop look dumb.Only time i wanted to go to court i got a ticket for speeding after pulling out of a subway parking lot and got passed by several cars. They pulled me over too and we were all going the same speed oddly. You do get p'oed when you arent at fault. I got pulled over once for doing over 140mph. Only thing that ticked me off was the cop said i wasnt wearing a seatbelt when i was:lol:

Garmin that I own does not loop the video.

Who makes a good dashcam ? I thinking about making them out of a go pro.

The garmin I have does loop the videos up to 64 GBs of video I believe. The trick is immediately making sure the video is in the saved video file if something happens. Mine is supposed to sense an impact and auto save the video. It also has a simple radar built in that can warn you if you get too close to the vehicle in front of you. That feature can be hit and miss though. The video quality is good for it, especially during the day.

Mustang withdraws?

At least you didn't have a vintage 1970 convert that was pristine before it got T-boned by a drunk driver! I loved that car.

The day I bought my 1970 Mustang Mach I, I had just picked it up and was on my way home when an idiot turned in front of me to go into a parking lot. It was in the repair shop for several weeks before I got to enjoy it.

What model do you have?

I have the garmin dash cam 35. Its not the newest model, and my biggest issue with it is the placement of the mount. Would have been better if they had placed it on top. You can find the newest model at most best buy showrooms I would imagine.

Back
Top Bottom