Won't Be Digging For Awhile!

I had the exact same thing done on my cheek under the left eye about 9 months ago. It took 3 cuts to get it all after the biopsy but it looks great now. Maybe an advantage in living in a small town area if getting right in to do it.
Good luck on the outcome. steve in so la

He did the "Moes Method" (sp?)...Anyway...he took one look and commenced to cut me up like a thanksgiving hog.....said: "Damn Son! Who the hell is your primary care doctor? Jack Kevorkian?"...

Anyway, he got it and got it fast, just at the last minute he said...stitched my face up like a freaking football!...

PennyFinder

My wife had MOHs surgery, just below her lip, she was so so concerned, she spent time Internet searching and got more worried. Any pictures posted were before the doctor would sew the incision. Her spot was was below her lip, they had to remove 25% of her lower lip. The doctor was very young and said confidently I can remove 1/3 of a lip and in a few months no one could tell.

He was right!!!! In fact at my granddaughter birthday party, he ex mother in law, was face to face looking at her and said, "I heard you had cancer surgery, where did you have cancer at?

Find a doctor you are comfortable with and you will be fine. I have a friend who went through the same thing and it is barely noticeable.

PennyFinder

My wife had MOHs surgery, just below her lip, she was so so concerned, she spent time Internet searching and got more worried. Any pictures posted were before the doctor would sew the incision. Her spot was was below her lip, they had to remove 25% of her lower lip. The doctor was very young and said confidently I can remove 1/3 of a lip and in a few months no one could tell.

He was right!!!! In fact at my granddaughter birthday party, he ex mother in law, was face to face looking at her and said, "I heard you had cancer surgery, where did you have cancer at?

Find a doctor you are comfortable with and you will be fine. I have a friend who went through the same thing and it is barely noticeable.

I hope I'm as lucky. It will be done at the VA. And I know the doctor that saw me said she doesn't do the "surgeries" but said that they have a plastic surgeon who do all of their skin cancer surgeries and says you can't even tell where the surgery was. I hope that is true.

Still don't know if this is cancer but I feel sure that the LONGER they take to get back with me on the results is a BAD sign that it might be!

I had the exact same thing done on my cheek under the left eye about 9 months ago. It took 3 cuts to get it all after the biopsy but it looks great now. Maybe an advantage in living in a small town area if getting right in to do it.
Good luck on the outcome. steve in so la

I had a friend who recently had a cancer removed from her right cheek and you can't see where it was -- but she didn't go to the VA. Now there is another spot below her left ear. The doctor that did hers says IT IS ALL GONE! I HOPE HE'S RIGHT!

Nearly 4 Weeks. . .

AND STILL HAVE NOT GOTTEN WORD ON THE RESULTS OF THE BIOPSY. I called the VA yesterday and now they tell me that it could take up to SIX WEEKS before I hear anything! I'm getting abit PO'd at them. They don't want to see my Irish temper flare up at them! :mad:

Still Not Digging

Today is 5 weeks since the biopsy. They called me today just to tell me that the biopsy was SENT to the local hospital for testing. This hospital CLAIMS it already sent the RESULTS back to the VA! NOBODY KNOWS WHERE IT IS -- SAYS THEY DIDN'T GET IT! Now the CHIEF Dermatology doctor in charge of the WHOLE unit has asked the hospital to either re-fax or e-mail the results to HIM. And he will personally call me himself in a few days! Remind me not to hold my breath -- not beneficial to my health! Can't blame the VA this time. Not so sure the hospital DID send the results.:?:

Back
Top Bottom