Newbie from New Orleans

zackius

Hello....have been interested for years and finally going to take the plunge.
I am 64 years old...not retired yet so my detecting for now will be on weekends. I have never swung a detector but have been doing some research.

Would like ya'lls opinion. I am interested in the Fisher F44 and the Tesero Mojave. I know they are two totally different machines.

Comments and suggestions are appreciated...........

I am 64 years old...not retired yet so my detecting for now will be on weekends. I have never swung a detector but have been doing some research.

Would like ya'lls opinion. I am interested in the Fisher F44 and the Tesero Mojave. I know they are two totally different machines.

Welcome

Tesoro Mojave. Tesoro is simple and sophisticated.

Welcome aboard, from a South Carolina Newbie. I have a Fisher F44 and like it a lot, though I am still just learning the machine. You won't be sorry if you buy one. Never having owned/used a Tesoro, I cannot speak to that, though to needler's comment about "simple and sophisticated"... simple is good, especially learning all the ins and outs of MD'ing.

Welcome from South Carolina !!!!

I have no experience with those models, but I'm sure you should get additional replies as others see your post, in the meantime you can always check youtube for video reviews of those models for additional help in your decision.

:mder:_____:mder: _____:mder:_____:mder:

zackius

Zackius
I like the Fisher F44 Weatherproof Metal Detector
and another good feature is the light weight 2.3
lbs and 5 yr Warranty

Happy Treasure Hunting
dennis

If you do salt water beach hunting you might consider something else like a Minelab Equinox or Excal.

zackius, I am 63 and retired and purchased my Mojave in December of last year. I am a fair weather hunter and hunt maybe one day a week at best normally two to fours a day. That's all of the ups and downs this old body can do. I think I am on my 4th battery. It will take a little time to learn the Tesoro language but when it clicks you will know it. Most of my hunting has been parks with a few home sites. I have found over $200 in clad, several rings only one gold and it was a 10K class ring. Matchbox car collection is growing fast. One civil was 3 ringer other items too numerous to mention. I can only speak for the Mojave but I would do it again without question.

Welcome to a great hobby
I’m 69 and have been detecting for about 20 yrs.
I’ve used numerous detectors, many come and go but I always keep a couple Tesoro’s in the Arsenal.
That are just fun to use. Respectable depth, great discrimination.
The f44 has saturated audio where deep targets sound same as shallow target.
Mojave has modulated audio where deeper targets have a softer tone than shallow targets.
Target I’d is ok but like stated before in this thread, once you learn the tones of a Tesoro it’s very rewarding. Hard to explain but it’s more fun for me to use this type of detector.

Good luck what ever you decide.
Tico

Welcome! There’s plenty of info to dig through to help you in your choice.

Mojave

Thanks for the welcoming of me to this new exciting venture!1 I decided on getting the Mojave.

I think I want to learn the different sounds first and the Mojave will fit that best.

Besides...from all the things I have read....it can become addicting and I will end up with more than one detector. :yes:

Back
Top Bottom