Corning, NY (Steuben Country) looking for hunting buddy

historyhobby

Hi all,
I'm 57 and have been MDing since 2003 in Canada (Toronto area) but moved to Corning, NY (Steuben county) in 2014. I'm looking to meet up with someone in the southern tier (NY) or in nearby northern PA (above Williamsport) who knows the area and would like to hunt together.

I currently have a White's XTL, DFX, XP Deus and Garrett AT Pro. I have owned a Minelab Explorer II and an early version of a Fisher CZ-20 (can't remember the exact number).

I'm hoping to find someone in the area who would like to share in the hobby. I love hunting farms and old homesteads and have just starting getting into hunting rivers (I'm hoping to extend the season by river hunting in the late fall/winter).

I'm keen on researching and finding the history that surrounds us.

I look forward to hearing from you.
Barry

historyhobby

Welcome to the forum! I'm pretty close to you, in Penn Yan. This is a great area for the kind of hunting you like to do, in my opinion. My go to choices are always old homesteads, woods, fields etc. my " season" is winding down here with the start of bow season for deer on oct 1, I ll get 1 or 2 quick hunts in before putting the detector away and hitting the tree stand. I'll look forward to following your success, so be in touch, post your finds, and I ll be up for a hunt when the snow is gone !
Best of luck ,
Scott

Hi Scott

Hey Scott. Thanks for the reply. I appreciate you getting back to me. In my one year living in the area, I've only seen one MD'r out and unfortunately I didn't get a chance to stop to say hi. It seems like the hobby in this neck of the woods is limited.
Until the rains this week, I'd been hitting the rivers near Corning to basically 'get my feet wet' (no pun intended). Now they are running fast and high and it's way too dangerous to venture in.
Although I love researching to find old sites, I don't know the area at all and so am at a disadvantage for the time being.
Although I don't hunt, I wish you well this year. Stay warm!
If you feel like meeting up one day to MD or just have a coffee and get to know each other, I'd be happy to head up your way.
I look forward to hearing from you.
My direct email is [email protected].
Thanks.
Barry

I am in Corning and have been swinging for over 30 years. Feel free to send me a PM and we can get together for a hunt before the snow flies.

Back
Top Bottom